Army Lists & Points

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe, DCRBrown

Slynx

Army Lists & Points

Post by Slynx »

Hi All

I know that most people on here only ever play scenarios. On the whole we do that too. But when we want to play just a pickup game we would like to create a game based on points and army lists. This is so you dont get an army that has only your favorite bits in it and is assembled to a historical format

We have created our own Army lists for this based around 2500 points (to try to introduce flavour to the nationalities), but I was wondering if theirs anything in the pipeline for creating something that's more official for army design for non-scenarios

After all, as wargamers, dont we all love to see add-ons like army lists :)
DCRBrown

Re: Army Lists & Points

Post by DCRBrown »

S,

In GdA2 there will be an "army generator" for the major powers.

France (+ Allies); Austria, Britain (+ Spain/Port), Prussian and Russia.

DB
Slynx

Post by Slynx »

Thanks Dave, I look forward to seeing the new rules when there out

I keep checking for the advanced orders, but havent seen it yet on the website
Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

When talk runs to Pickets, how is this handled in a game? I’ve been brushing up on campaigns.
The Prince of Orange posted Picketswell in front of Quatre Bras and shots were fired in the night but I’ve never found anything that covers strengths or anything else about them.
WRG Ancients covered scouts in abstract rules.
However I feel that cavalry squadrons and infantry platoons or companies were used to cover roads, bridges, woods, farms and even villages were used to gain intelligence of an enemy force.
Any information to use on the table top will be of interest.