General d'Armee at Colours!

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe, DCRBrown

zabarr

Re: General d'Armee at Colours!

Post by zabarr »

Looking good! What did y'all think of the new version of the rules?
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

From what I saw and unfortunately not having time to have a go I got the impression that some changes will bed in easily, others less so. The proof will come from getting a game on table once GdA2 is available.

Will there be the YouTube play throughs to enjoy?
Gun-Pit Paul

Post by Gun-Pit Paul »

The only thing that I noticed that will impact on solo play, is when you do the 'hidden dice' for your choice in the second round of punch-up (melee).

Paul
zabarr

Post by zabarr »

Quick question gang, does it play faster? As in should I paint more stuff to put it on the table :)
nikjen66

Post by nikjen66 »

Gun Pit Paul. The hidden dice is easily dealt with in solo play- just roll off one dice for each unit using the formula in the game, rather than choosing them. There’s a lot of psychology in the decision making for this ( As Joe Cocker said -should I stay or should I go) so a random role reflects that well in a solo game.

zabarr the game is so much faster, but with the same feel. So, yes you can play games to a conclusion in an evening with 3-5 brigades. We recently played (with Dave and Chris admittedly) the Dolitz game from GdB scenario book 6 to a conclusion between 10am and 6pm with breaks for lunch etc. Thats a big game.
Gun-Pit Paul

Post by Gun-Pit Paul »

Nik

That was what I was thinking of doing (when I get my hands on the book).
Suppose I'll just have to wait until I do get the book to figure out a way that works for me (and my oppo - me)

Paul
zabarr

Post by zabarr »

Oh man that's exciting. I always felt that the time to play really limited the force sizes we could put out there, which led to games quickly going one way or another due to a lack of reserves, even if it still took time to play everything out. This will be a huge change.

Now to paint up some guards to celebrate!
nikjen66

Post by nikjen66 »

Paul,

The rules on reinforcing have been going through several iterations so I’m not sure what will have gone into the published copy. We were playing a version where in the second round of a melee (when this occurs) both players secretly selected a choice from the following

1 Withdraw
2-3 Fighting Withdrawal
4-5 Fight on
6 Fight on And reinforce.

The numbers represent those on a dice the player selects, in secret, with both players revealing together. I won’t spoil the fun about what all the options mean, although most are fairly obvious, but this does seem to lend itself well to solo play for your ‘opponent’ or AI, and increases the tension immensely in our games. The decisions, the decisions……😱😱
zabarr

Post by zabarr »

Oooh that sounds fun, I love that.