Lard Workshop 12th August

For gamers putting on TooFatLardies games at Shows and Conventions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Quackstheking

Lard Workshop 12th August

Post by Quackstheking »

With just over 4 weeks to go till Lard Workshop at Britcon in Nottingham, entries are filling up quickly. There are just 7 spaces left.
Amongst the 14 fabulous Too Fat Lardy games on offer are games featuring some soon to be published rules from TFL/Reisswitz Press including Flashing Blades (When the Last Sword is Drawn), Packing Heat and Middguard big battle/fantasy rules by James Morris which will cover an encounter between Dwarves and Orcs set in Tolkiens Middle Earth.

On show will be two Chain of Command games using forces from the soon to be released Volume One of the Far East Handbook. These will be run by none other than Richard Clarke and Joe Bilton, winner of the Salute Best Demonstration Game this year. Joe’s game is a mega “Big CoC” game set in the Solomons in 1943 on a 16’ x 5’ table.

The recently released “What a Cowboy” will be showcasing the rules versatility by transporting the rules engine to a 1920’s Pulp Action setting and also the rules author, John Savage, will be running a scenario set in modern day South America featuring assault rifles, machine guns and other weaponry!

Last but not least, many other well loved TFL rules including Sharp Practice, Kiss me Hardy, Infamy Infamy and Dux Britanniarum (but set in medieval Nottingham with its favourite outlaw and sheriff!) will be on show. There really is something for everyone.

On top of this there is a large trade show, many other demo/participation games, an on-site subsidized bar, discounted town centre parking and if required Saturday night accommodation in the Halls of Residence (now limited availability) at only £75 per night (including breakfast).
What’s not to like!

If you’re interested or know someone who may be, act quickly to secure one of the seven remaining spaces by signing up below. Remember, your £25 entry fee includes a £5 voucher to spend at any trader and a full packed lunch on the day.

https://www.bhgs.org.uk/britcon---how-to-enter.html
BaronVonWreckedoften

Re: Lard Workshop 12th August

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Can you tell us roughly when the full list of games and "BAC" (Bribery And Corruption) application process will be published?
No plan survives first contact with the dice.
Quackstheking

Post by Quackstheking »

Today!

Don
BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Done and dusted!
No plan survives first contact with the dice.
Joinville

Post by Joinville »

Thank you to everyone involved in organising the Lards Games Day at Britcon and the game umpires or the bards. I have posted a quick review of the day with some pictures on my blog, https://anglianwargamer.blogspot.com/20 ... -2023.html. These are only a few, as the terrain and the miniatures were so good I have more photos than I can post. For example, Sydney Roundwood's koi carp in his Japanese pond!