Number of cards

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Counterpane

Number of cards

Post by Counterpane »

Hi all!

I've owned Infamy Infamy for a while but so far I've only played it a couple of times at Ebor Lard. I'm now tempted to have a go at running a game myself.

Given the figures I have available, I'm considering a Romans vs Numidians game set during the Jugurthine War. I could field a Numidian force with, say, four units of skirmishers and six of skirmishing cavalry led by a couple of named Leaders.

Given that all of the Numidians have the Supra Numerum characteristic, does that mean I need to have 12 Numidian Leader cards in the game deck?
Captain Reid

Re: Number of cards

Post by Captain Reid »

In the game I ran at Lard Workshop in Nottingham last year, and in every subsequent game, I simply dispensed with 'supernumerary' leaders.

Nobody seems to have missed them terribly and, in my opinion, the game is both quickened up slightly through their absence, and skirmishers kept a lot more honest.

Obviously you'd need a couple or three more leaders for the Numidians, but 5 leaders for one side in the bag is far more manageable than 8 or more, and one may always use a signa after Tempus to move a unit if it happens to be out of command range.
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

The Saindoux Campaign, French & Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, Peninsular War blog.
Counterpane

Re: Number of cards

Post by Counterpane »

Thanks Captain, that's most helpful.