Punic Wars

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe, DCRBrown

brothercrow

Punic Wars

Post by brothercrow »

Hi guys, picked up a copy of the rules and have watched the videos - really like what I am seeing so far, though I have yet to play my first game.

Just to explain, I am primarily an ADLG player, but have been looking for a set of rules suitable for recreating historic battles at the club I attend - I play in 15mm, but have 10x5 sabots for other rulesets (we were giving To the Strongest a try), so these should work just fine.

My primary interest is Macedonian and Punic Wars, so just wondering if there is any update as to when the proposed supplement is likely to be released.
MarkBackhouse

Re: Punic Wars

Post by MarkBackhouse »

Hi,
I’ve got a playtest draft of the additional rules in the supplement out to a few teams who are giving them a go. I’ve got 10 scenarios written but still need to work on more of these and the army lists and historical introduction further. Richard also seems to have a catalogue of things to publish like What a Cowboy in February, Far East handbook at Easter, with Arnhem asks Midgard later in the year maybe. The challenge will probably be getting a fortnight slot for him to get it set out and proofread! I should have some participation games of it running at shows this year like Salute and I’d like it out at some point in 2023, but it’ll be down to Rich to decide if he can fit it in. Unlike Richard I’ve a full time non-wargaming job that means I can’t just put aside 4-6 weeks and get it finished off. Fingers crossed!
brothercrow

Post by brothercrow »

Thanks Mark, appreciated and I do understand the difficulty - I know what you mean about the day job mind, it keeps getting in the way of my painting as well...!!!
MarkBackhouse

Post by MarkBackhouse »

No probs. I need to kick my playtesters a bit more into action as they’ve gone a bit quiet on me. Please keep politely pestering me!😜
Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Hi Mark
I too am interested in the Punic Wars. 1st esp and have 6mm armies all painted resdy to go for Greeks and Carthiginains. Any news on the supplement for this earlier period?
PS I a couple of months I will be in a position to playtest if it helps?
MarkBackhouse

Post by MarkBackhouse »

For 2024 Richard has suggested it will be the focus of TFL to focus on supplements over rules. Unfortunately several of the TFL products aimed to be out in 2023 didn’t quite get completed such as Midgard, General de Armee, and the Far East handbook. That still leaves me waiting patiently in a queue at the moment twiddling my thumbs. I’m hoping to grab a gap in the schedule and get it out as it’s pretty close to completion. Sorry it’s been a long wait. I’ve a meeting with Richard planned post Christmas so should have a better idea after that.