Where can I found Mud and Blood cards?

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Archdukek

Re: Where can I found Mud and Blood cards?

Post by Archdukek »

Andrew_McGuire wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:16 pm I’m not familiar with that site, though I’ve heard the name. Do they print the cards? I note it says “Your photo here” on the design, so am I expected to upload something? Please excuse my ignorance!
Hi Andrew,
Artscow produce various photo gift items using any images you wish to supply. This includes sets of playing cards printed with a specific design on the front and back. In the case of the set in the link, each of the faces of the cards will contain the shadow picture of Kitchener with the relevant text superimposed rather than the “2 of Spades” for example.
So you can safely ignore the instruction “Your photo here” unless you want to substitute your own image in place of Kitchener. :D

If you order the linked set which was created by Adrian Jarvis then Artscow will print the cards to order and dispatch them from Hong Kong. The cards are good quality but postage can be a killer so it’s best to order when they have one of their free or reduced shipping offers. If you register with them they will email you when running offers.

I haven’t ordered any cards for a while but I like those I have a lot. In fact I was using my Battle of Britain Bag the Hun cards from them at the Club last night.

John
Andrew_McGuire

Post by Andrew_McGuire »

Thank you again, John. I’ve ordered a couple of sets of cards from DriveThru Cards in the past but not come across a service quite like this. I did notice that they print other items in addition to cards. It seems a shame - and somewhat surprising - that there isn’t a UK-based equivalent. This in fact reminds me of another question: in the event I prefer one of the other sets that has been discussed - neither of which I have yet downloaded - is there a company - other than Artscow or a similarly remote one - that would print these to a similar level of quality, i.e. equivalent to a regular pack of playing cards, or is it a case of cutting them out from A4? For that matter, would it be feasible - and for that matter acceptable to the respective designers - to submit those designs to Artscow?

Oh, and just to be clear, when you say, “each of the faces of the cards will contain the shadow picture of Kitchener with the relevant text superimposed rather than the “2 of Spades” for example.” I take it you mean the front face. The rear seems to be the cover of the rules. I don’t mean to be pedantic, I just want to be absolutely sure before ordering (though I’ll take your advice about signing up and awaiting a special offer before doing so). In the meantime I’ll create a set of chits from MDF bases as you suggested previously.
Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

I've pulled out the links from Roundwood's World so hopefully this can take you to them directly - though sounds like you've got some good alternatives.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eIsrNi ... Vs4QS/view (British and German cards)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dngt3g ... 3mnq1/view (General cards)
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny
Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny
Andrew_McGuire

Post by Andrew_McGuire »

Excellent. Thank you.