Where can I found Mud and Blood cards?

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

fnaapf

Where can I found Mud and Blood cards?

Post by fnaapf »

Hi all,
First, Please excuse my english, I am no naitive speaker.
I am trying to play WW1 game Since 2014, but no luck until now.
However, with Plastic WW1 model and Mud and blood, I finally can make small gaming group of WW1.
Here is problem, Yahoo Group was closed.
I can't download card deck for mud and blood.
Please someone help me.
I really want to play Mud and blood in South Korea.
Archdukek

Re: Where can I found Mud and Blood cards?

Post by Archdukek »

All the old Yahoo Group files were transferred to a new site on Groups.io including those for Through the Mud and Blood. Try searching for: TooFatLardies@groups.io

John
fnaapf

Post by fnaapf »

Thanks a lot!
I will looking for that group.
Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

Sidney Roundwood's blog has some cards too, with links to templates for printing. See for example: https://sidneyroundwood.blogspot.com/20 ... -card.html and https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eIsrNi ... Vs4QS/view. When you load his blog page, he has a very handy column on the right with a bunch of downloads for "Through the Mud and the Blood", including some scenarios, but you have to be patient as it doesn't always load immediately. It is an excellent resource!
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny
fnaapf

Post by fnaapf »

Thank you Capt Fortier.
This Looks amaiging!
We are thingking for Russo-Japanese war Too therefore we need to some work for playing with this nice card.
Andrew_McGuire

Post by Andrew_McGuire »

The link to Groups.io brings up a blank email form (as I might have expected from the @ character). I have used this to send a request for the location of the cards but received no reply.

I’m also having no luck in finding Sidney Roundwood’s set as, using my phone at any rate, there is no sign of the sidebar or menu, or any apparent means of accessing the downloads.

I’ve just received my printed copy of the rules but without a set of cards I’m on a bit of a sticky wicket.

Could anyone please help a rather clueless chap out?
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Andrew,
Sorry that the groups.io link didn’t work. You probably need to register with Groups.io before you can access any individual Group and it’s files.
I suggest that you try www.groups.io, register then search for TooFatLardies , all one word.

Once you’ve been accepted into the group then look for the Files icon. It’s 3 parallel lines at the bottom of the screen on my iPad. Don’t know where you’d find it on a phone.

You don’t actually need a set of printed cards to play. If you have access to some poker chips or MDF bases, circular or rectangular, you can make some counters and draw them from a bag instead. Either write on the MDF or use some sticky labels. (I use a Dymo machine to make labels for my named Sharp Practice Leaders instead of cards.)
Alternatively stick some labels onto an old set of playing cards.

Hope that helps.

John
Andrew_McGuire

Post by Andrew_McGuire »

Thank you, John. The detailed instructions are precisely what I needed. I may have to use a public computer at some point as there are a lot of things my single digit iPhone doesn’t allow me to do. I’ll also try your poker chip idea, as I like to have my bases covered, so to speak.

BTW, while you’re here, I made a similar plea on the Infamy, Infamy board a few days ago, that no-one has responded to, about files in the Facebook group for that game. I’m not on Facebook and don’t wish to be, so am hoping there is some other way of accessing them. If you have any ideas about that I’d be most grateful.

Edit: I now see you already have! I am indeed most grateful.
stecal1

Post by stecal1 »

There are still M&B card sets on ArtsCow as well

http://www.artscow.com/share/Mud-and-Bl ... vx47bsbbkc
Andrew_McGuire

Post by Andrew_McGuire »

I’m not familiar with that site, though I’ve heard the name. Do they print the cards? I note it says “Your photo here” on the design, so am I expected to upload something? Please excuse my ignorance!