Roman Style...is it really a Roman Style?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

redmist1122

Roman Style...is it really a Roman Style?

Post by redmist1122 »

A week ago I played the Revolting Foederati. My Foederati warriors have the characteristics, "Roman Style". Reading the verbiage, as it dose nothing for me when its not my activation. All the cool features (hurling javelins) is only applicable when I activate...so what's so special about that? I can hurl javelins anytime when I activate with command initiative or with a signa card too.

Maybe a typo...I'm thinking a Roman Style is I can act like a Roman drilled group and do stuff out of my activation phase...like hurl javelins when being charged.

Thoughts?

Am I misreading this? Verbiage a bit misleading?

Thanks.

P.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Archdukek

Re: Roman Style...is it really a Roman Style?

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Greg,
I believe that the explanation of “Roman Style” does contain a somewhat misleading reference to “their Activation“. Troops with that characteristic can throw javelins immediately before an enemy attacks them by playing a Signa Card, by definition that will be during the enemy’s activation not that of the unit with Roman Style. In this case “their Activation” refers to the enemy.
They cannot throw javelins at other times in the Turn as Auxilia and Legionaries can using the “Throw Pila” tactical drill.

John

redmist1122

Re: Roman Style...is it really a Roman Style?

Post by redmist1122 »

Aaaah...ok...I can see that point. It sounds...read different when someone else says it...good. Back to Germania!

Thank you.

P.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA