blinds

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica, Nellkyn

talagarz

blinds

Post by talagarz »

Hi Guys
some questions after yesterdays game:

Are units on blinds affected by their limitations? I mean : HMG or MMG can only move with a bigman or when the enemy is close. Units with poor fire discipline fire are affected by the card poor fire discipline? Or is only when the unit is on the table that the limitations come into play?

with regards

Jan

Archdukek

Re: blinds

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Jan,
Limitations will normally only apply when the unit is deployed on the table.

“Poor Fire Discipline” is different, a player with poor fire discipline troops in his force is obliged to take the test whenever the card is drawn and if he fails he must place an appropriate unit on the table as described in the definition of the card on page 10. Being on a blind is no defence to the troops revealing their position by letting fire at a possibly inconvenient moment.

John

talagarz

Post by talagarz »

Great, that was something we did correct in yesterday's game. But I still have a question:
my vc were out of sight of any us unit so they fired away at nothing, they were on a blind that was not activated yet. Does this poor fire discipline count as their activation? Are they put on the table or is a firemarker put on the table?

with regards,

Jan Mels

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica »

Hi Jan
It's a penalty card, so I would take the severest definition and place your troops onto the table.
Cheers
R

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Jan,
The definition of the “Poor Fire Discipline” card on page 10 refers to units opening fire on “visible enemy”. So if the VC were out of sight of any US unit then they didn’t have to test and wouldn’t fire away at nothing.

If they did have a visible enemy and failed the test I would treat it as a normal fire action so the unit counts as having been activated and you would place a fire marker on the table if the conditions for using them applied.

John