QRS for TOTW ? newbie enquiry

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

CarlL

QRS for TOTW ? newbie enquiry

Post by CarlL »

OK it may be something obvious to someone out there longer in the Lard tooth than me. But on re-reading my recently acquired pdf copy of "Triumph of the Will" there was no QRS, and I thought about writing one then I had a better idea! I thought lets ask veteran players as surely somebody wrote one to get them started? So why re-invent the wheel!?
So do I need to re-invent the QRS wheel or does a QRS (Quick Reference Sheet) for TOTW already exist?

CarlL

PS I did try joining the Yahoo TooFatLardies group (and the associated Resources group) to enquire there but so far my application request has been unanswered so hoping someone here can help?
rim66

Re: QRS for TOTW ? newbie enquiry

Post by rim66 »

Hi there,

I've checked the Group Files for you and sadly no QRS. I've also nudged Rich on the application to join the Group for you.

Kind regards,

Richard aka Monty Lardo
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Thank you Richard (aka Monty Lardo).

If I create a simple word style table QRS where is best to share it? Here or in Yahoo TooFatLardies resources group?

I am thinking something like the ITLSU QRS. Hopefully get some time next week to type it up.

CarlL
rim66

Post by rim66 »

I don't think you can share files here but my suggestion would be google docs or similar and a link, which seems an approach many take.

Kind regards,

Richard aka Monty Lardo
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Hi all,
I have assembled a QRS as a word format table, and in larger print (12) it covers 3 A4 sheets (probably as I am new to these rules and added in notes to the QRS format).
However I have got a bit stumped by the AFV combat rules on page 17 of TOTW, especially where the given example says:
"He then rolls two dice for damage." [Yes as two hits got that bit.] "He needs to roll 1 to 4 on a D6 as the light tank count as as being in open when faced by medium gun." [OK. I assume this is because the hits are using format of rifle groups and assumes in conversion score, you need to score less than five figures in usual rifle shooting group of 5? And the penetration chart on page 17 notes medium guns - not that any chart tells you T26 has a medium gun - penetrates all light armour - like PzI - at ranges up to 12" without PzI armour giving any cover / protection to crew?] then "He rolls a 1 and a 2, reducing the tanks strength by three, with a one, at this short range, achieiving two hits." [But what tells you about the ranges? The Firing chart on page 9, says artillery guns have a Point Blank (PB) range of 8" and later on the same page that a natural 1 at PB range is two hits not one.]
I got lost at this point [not least as the range in the example is said to be 9"] and the period specific rules for Spanish Civil War where T26 clashed with PzIs didnt seem to resolve this gap in rules.
Any advice? (so I can make sure my QRS is accurate?)
CarlL
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

PS thank you to moderator for accepting my application to Yahoo Two Fat Lardies Rules group. Had my first chance to do a look there today.

Is it a different moderator for the Yaho TwoFatLardies resources group as my application to join there doesnt appear to have progressed?

CarlL