Von Luck Campaign Questions

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

john de terre neuve

Von Luck Campaign Questions

Post by john de terre neuve » Fri May 17, 2019 1:58 pm

We have just restarted our Von Luck Campaign, we are now at turn 4. The British have withdrawn from 2 tables and delayed the German assault on table 3 by a turn. I have a couple of questions: https://fuentesdeonoro.blogspot.com/201 ... redux.html

Rotating German Platoons: The Germans have 3 platoons, if they bring back a platoon in a subsequent turn (skipping 1) do they just count the killed men as lost or in a subsequent turn do the missing also not turn up.

Initial Para Platoon: I am a little confused by this and am trying to decide whether to bring in the Fresh platoon in turn 4. One has to dice to see who turns up for each scenario in respect to the HQ team and the 3 sections. In respect to the HQ team, I had 2SL, Piat and sniper on the table at the end of turn 2. So the only HQ team missing is the 2" Mortar. In turn 3 do I dice for this team even though I sucessfully laid down a Naval Bombardment or do I not dice until turn 4. Also in respect tothe sections on a dice roll of 4 or 5 the JL turns up automatically; correct? ( I did this wrong in our last game but minorr problem really as I just brought on the Bren tem on the 5 without the JL).

Finally on the last table (5), am I allowed to bring on any of the 3 previously used Platoons or do I have to use the 13th Para from table 4?

Thanks,

John

moortz

Re: Von Luck Campaign Questions

Post by moortz » Fri May 17, 2019 2:26 pm

Rotating Platoons - men 'missing in next game' is an At The Sharp End thing, so when we played through this the assumption is the men return before their platoon is rotated back in. As you say, you would lose the killed men.

The dicing for the 1st platoon we played as the book states - every turn (campaign turn) you roll for the missing sections or teams. A Naval bombardment counts as a turn, so roll for your men turning up. The roll is for each 'team', we said when both 'teams' arrive your JL turns up as well. I ended up mixing the teams to make the most out of a section and any leaders as I could - I think in one turn I had all the spare SMG's in a single section led by a SL.

13 Para only play on table 4, the Church on the flank. If you manage to push the Germans back and consolidate, you could use this platoon to play on table 3 I suppose, but then would have to defend with the same platoon if the Germans subsequently pushed you back onto table 4. Table 5 is your existing platoon (or your fresh platoon if you have still got it!).

Hope that helps.
Last edited by moortz on Sun May 19, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

john de terre neuve

Re: Von Luck Campaign Questions

Post by john de terre neuve » Sat May 18, 2019 10:59 am

Thanks for the answers they all sound good.