Infamy Infamy forces nudge...

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

poiter50

Re: Infamy Infamy forces nudge...

Post by poiter50 »

Is that a Pre-Emptive Move? :D :D
Richard wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:01 am
Yes. We Will be filming Caesarian Romans and Gauls this coming week. I was hoping for today, but I think I may go and strangle my wife instead.

Contrarius

Post by Contrarius »

Great thing about modelling the Dacian army, if you can’t find suitable figures in your preferred scale you can always use fantasy figures of the seven dwarves, or for really large scale skirmishes, garden gnomes.
:mrgreen:

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Richard wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:01 am
Yes. We Will be filming Caesarian Romans and Gauls this coming week. I was hoping for today, but I think I may go and strangle my wife instead.
If she is like mine she will have 'tidyied' your camera away ....somewhere you will never think of looking for it..
..when it was perfectly fine on the dining room table where you knew where it was when you needed it....just sayin 😊

jonrog1

Post by jonrog1 »

They do seem to take the re-enactment very serious though.....tough looking bunch of lads, although the Roman Horn blower is incredibly thin, had to do a double take. Fantastic looking costumes though.
Link:
https://romaniadacia.wordpress.com/tag/ancient-dacia/

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

jonrog1 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:29 pm
They do seem to take the re-enactment very serious though.....tough looking bunch of lads [...]. Fantastic looking costumes though.
At first I thought you meant the following banner photo:

Took me a moment to realise it was the article you were linking to :oops:
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

DougM

Post by DougM »

How come the Dacians get all the hot chicks ? :P
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

jonrog1

Post by jonrog1 »

Yeah I thought that, obviously recruitment wasn't a problem in 1st century Dacia :-)

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Right, I've been swotting up on Dacia, as much as one can with no detailed classical texts to examine and, as I thought, they are going to be in the third book, focussing on Rome's Eastern enemies. The Dacians and Bastarnae *could* be shoe-horned into the original book, but the Sarmatae certainly can't. This is in line with my original thoughts and I honestly feel that they will get much better coverage and far more comprehensive coverage if I stick to that plan. What is good is that there is so much action on the border from Burebista onwards that it ideally suits Infamy for lots of raiding and low level conflict.

Rich

Nikephorous

Post by Nikephorous »

DougM wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:50 am
How come the Dacians get all the hot chicks ? :P
It might be something to do with the long handles??? :shock:

DougM

Post by DougM »

Richard wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:50 am
Right, I've been swotting up on Dacia, as much as one can with no detailed classical texts to examine and, as I thought, they are going to be in the third book, focussing on Rome's Eastern enemies. The Dacians and Bastarnae *could* be shoe-horned into the original book, but the Sarmatae certainly can't. This is in line with my original thoughts and I honestly feel that they will get much better coverage and far more comprehensive coverage if I stick to that plan. What is good is that there is so much action on the border from Burebista onwards that it ideally suits Infamy for lots of raiding and low level conflict.

Rich
What do you want to know? Noted historians/authors like Duncan Head and Nigel Tallis both frequent the DBMM list, so if there is something you want to know, or references, I can ask them there. They are both incredibly generous with time and resources, with Duncan taking the time to photocopy and mail me a 1923 Inostrancev article on Sasanians, and Nigel reviewing my own series for Slingshot back in 2009.
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/