What does it cost for leaders?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

rha.celt

What does it cost for leaders?

Post by rha.celt »

I just got the rule book this week and have yet to play a game. I was putting together forces based on what min's I have and was not able to find anywhere that it explains what leaders cost or how you get them. I know it most be in the rules some where but I can not for the life of me find it. Any help is welcome.

Kustenjaeger

Re: What does it cost for leaders?

Post by Kustenjaeger »

Greetings

In scenarios you get the leaders for your chosen platoon as standard and then additional leaders from the support lists. So, p.83 gives a German infantry platoon with its senior leader and 3 junior leaders. P.85 gives the support list where another senior leader is on list two ie costs 2 support points. Junior leaders come with squads/vehicles on the support list.

Hope this helps.

Edward

Captain Reid

Post by Captain Reid »

A Status I Leader costs 3 points, a Status II, 6 points and a Status III costs 9 points (see FAQ and/or extrapolate from the support lists).

A Status IV Leader would be 12 points but I'd advise caution in their use as they can have a big impact on games.
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

The Saindoux Campaign, French & Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, Peninsular War blog.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Kustenjaeger wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:49 pm
Greetings

In scenarios you get the leaders for your chosen platoon as standard and then additional leaders from the support lists. So, p.83 gives a German infantry platoon with its senior leader and 3 junior leaders. P.85 gives the support list where another senior leader is on list two ie costs 2 support points. Junior leaders come with squads/vehicles on the support list.

Hope this helps.

Edward
Edward, I doubt it helps, that excellent answer is for Chain of Command, the question is about Sharp Practice. :D
Last edited by Archdukek on Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Welcome to Sharp Practice. You will find the answer to your question as to Leader costs in the Generic Support Table on page 80 of the rules. Captain Reid has neatly summarised these for you in his answer.

I would share his advice on the use of Status IV Leaders, best used with caution and only in specific scenarios.

John

rha.celt

Post by rha.celt »

Thank you all for your quick responses.

Kustenjaeger

Post by Kustenjaeger »

Archdukek wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:55 pm
Kustenjaeger wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:49 pm
Greetings

Hope this helps.

Edward
Edward, I doubt it helps, that excellent answer is for Chain of Command, the question is about Sharp Practice. :D
That’s the problem with looking at an unread posts option without scrolling to the title of the section 😳

Edward