New nappy rules

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

SteveBurt

Re: New nappy rules

Post by SteveBurt » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Shako is IGO-UGO, but we played it with a card for things like artillery and morale and a card for each brigade - so you got all the phases of the turn, but were never sure what order they would happen.

Maurice is more like Longstreet, with the big difference that you can usually only do something with one force (brigade) at a time. Also, players share the same deck, and replenishing your hand is hard if you do active things like charging or playing events.

Zippee

Post by Zippee » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Longstreet is an evolution from Maurice - so the cards modify the play and provide much of the interplay. At core though it's IGO-UGO (but in a good way) - there's quite a bit of discussion and desire that Lasalle be updated to a similar card based game on the Honour Forum.

m1kel

Post by m1kel » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Ok guys. Many thanks for the Christmas Special but can you please get out of the pub and get the new Nappy rules done?

:)
Mike

m1kel

Post by m1kel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:35 am

Seriously though. There is a real gap in the market for Napoleonic rules of the quality that Chain of Command has delivered to the WW2 community.
At present BP is my own rules of choice but it's not the end of the search for a better set.

Next month will see the release of Blucher ruleset by Sam Mustafa. My fascination with all things Lard would lead me to wait if the new Lardy rules were on the horizon so is there any idea as to release dates or order of priority for the rules at this point?

Not looking for an exact date but first half, second half of this year or next year.
Thanks,
Mike

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:13 pm

I am seeing Daz this evening. I'll have a chat with him.

Personally, I'll be using his model for the later 19th C.

Rich

m1kel

Post by m1kel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:56 pm

Thanks Rich, very much appreciated. Is your choice of later19th C a personal choice of period or reflection on the rules design for Napoleonic use?

Mike

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:35 pm

Mike,
Just in case the Big Man doesn't make it back to the computer soon, Rich has had a longstanding love affair with the European Wars of the mid 19th Century, particularly the wars between Austria and Prussia. He has hinted from time to time that he might produce a rule set for them some day.
John

m1kel

Post by m1kel » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:37 am

John,
Thats funny. I think i already picked that up somewhere along the way but just wanted him to admit it:)
Still if he could see his way to extending the rules to handle Napoleons adventures I'm pretty sure i know some people who would be willing to have his babies:)
Mike

john de terre neuve

Post by john de terre neuve » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:27 am

Yes the Napoleonic era really needs a ruleset.

John

Zippee

Post by Zippee » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:36 pm

Indeed the one thing the Napoleonic period truly lacks is rules . .

Even TFL only produce two sets - clearly more are needed!