Deploying Armoured Platoons in Big CoC

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

AFPU44

Deploying Armoured Platoons in Big CoC

Post by AFPU44 »

Hi everyone.

Referencing section 4.3 in the rules about deploying onto the table, does the situaion mentioned in the second paragraph apply to armoured platoons?

In other words if the AFV commanded by the SL deploys first do the other AFV's commanded by JL's have to dice when attempting to deploy to see if they deploy or not?
7dot62mm

Re: Deploying Armoured Platoons in Big CoC

Post by 7dot62mm »

RAW I think it does as it is not contradicted by any other rules. Though you could house rule that this would not apply to tank platoons where everyone has at least a radio receiver.

One rule which we've changed is that of vehicle deploying. According to the rules 11.5, you may only deploy a single vehicle per Phase. For armored platoons, we've ignored this rule.
Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

We also ignored the roll for having the SL on table for armour.
You generally only have 1 SL no adj and no way of getting either so it seemed 'reasonable' 😁
donglewwe

Post by donglewwe »

If some sort of a restriction/limiting factor is desired, perhaps rule that the on-table SL either:

1) Cannot be activated in a phase where other platoon tanks are deployed, or
2) Must be activated in that phase and spend a CI to order the deployment of more tanks, or (to make it more difficult)
3) Must be activated in that phase and spend a CI for each platoon tank deployed.

(If any of these options are used, an off-table tank may also still deploy by succeeding in the existing 4+ rule.)
Munin

Post by Munin »

For the Totensonntag PSC (I just posted the latest AAR here: https://toofatlardies.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 53#p105953) I lift the one vehicle per phase thing, but I do enforce the armored platoon needing to dice for units coming on if the SL is deployed. I figure at that point he's got more pressing concerns than coordinating order of advance or lines of approach or whatever. As such, the decision of whether or not to spring for an Adjutant when purchasing supports is an important one.
Truscott Trotter

No Adjutant for an armoured platoon
Munin

Post by Munin »

Depends on the support list you're using.
Truscott Trotter

Ah just reread Big CoC p 4 an adjutant may be used by.all platoons.
AFPU44

Post by AFPU44 »

Many thanks for the answers.
Quackstheking

Post by Quackstheking »

AFPU44 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:00 am Hi everyone.

Referencing section 4.3 in the rules about deploying onto the table, does the situaion mentioned in the second paragraph apply to armoured platoons?

In other words if the AFV commanded by the SL deploys first do the other AFV's commanded by JL's have to dice when attempting to deploy to see if they deploy or not?
Rich answered this in the FAQ section on page 5 of the FAQ thread. He said

"My feeling is that the penalty is there whenever a platoon commander is on the table. Once they deploy into the action they are busy thinking about multiple things at once and in any ten second period may not be distracted. Whereas, when off table they are more focussed on reading the battle and doing the command stuff.

So, in a nutshell, the rules are precisely the same as for infantry.

Rich"

Hope that helps.

Don