Another Newbie

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe, DCRBrown

Armchairgeneral

Another Newbie

Post by Armchairgeneral »

Hello, our group just getting started with “Picket’s Charge”. We quite enjoyed our first test game, but there were a few points where we weren’t quite sure how to read the rules - possibly because English is not our native language. Unless I’ve overlooked something (in which case, my apologies), I did not find anything on them in the FAQs nor here on the Forum.

So, did we understand correctly that...

1 - (Out of Command, p.11) a unit more than 18” from its Brigadier may Manoeuvre OR Fire, but not both in the same turn?

2 - (Charge Direction, p.35 para.3) after any wheeling, a line straight ahead from the charging unit’s front centre must cross the middle of the target unit, or its point closest to the charger, otherwise the charge is cancelled? If it is cancelled, does the wheel still stand?

3 - (Artillery Casualty Table, p.58) the “FC” result, being printed in red, is only ever applicable to four-gun CSA batteries, meaning that Union artillery can never suffer an FC effect even with Assault Fire?

Many thanks already for shedding light on the above!
DCRBrown

Re: Another Newbie

Post by DCRBrown »

AG,

Welcome!

1 - (Out of Command, p.11) a unit more than 18” from its Brigadier may Manoeuvre OR Fire, but not both in the same turn?

A = Its both.

2 - (Charge Direction, p.35 para.3) after any wheeling, a line straight ahead from the charging unit’s front centre must cross the middle of the target unit, or its point closest to the charger, otherwise the charge is cancelled? If it is cancelled, does the wheel still stand?

A = Yes.

3 - (Artillery Casualty Table, p.58) the “FC” result, being printed in red, is only ever applicable to four-gun CSA batteries, meaning that Union artillery can never suffer an FC effect even with Assault Fire?

A = Nope - FC applies to both Federal and CSA batteries.

Hope that helps.

DB
Armchairgeneral

Re: Another Newbie

Post by Armchairgeneral »

Many thanks Dave,
that will indeed help us play better next time!
Regards from Flanders,
Stefan