LARD Workshop 2024 at BritCon, Nottingham. 10th Aug. 2024

For gamers putting on TooFatLardies games at Shows and Conventions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

djbamforduk

LARD Workshop 2024 at BritCon, Nottingham. 10th Aug. 2024

Post by djbamforduk »

Tickets for LARD Workshop 2024 have already gone on sale on the BritCon 2024 page of BHGS website...! :o

Saturday 10th August 2024.

Ticket price is up slightly from £25 in 2023 to £27.50 for 2024, which is still surely way behind recent rates of inflation.

Also, remember that the ticket price includes a packed lunch and a £5 voucher valid with any of the attendant traders. ;)

https://www.bhgs.org.uk/britcon---how-t ... 033c98cfa2
Quackstheking

Re: LARD Workshop 2024 at BritCon, Nottingham. 10th Aug. 2024

Post by Quackstheking »

Thanks for this Daniel,

Actually I had agreed with the Britcon organisers that the price would remain the same this year at £25, despite inflation and most other periods at the event costing an average £27.50 per day. This is due to the venue and table hire costs increasing.

The great news is that having spoken to the organisers, they have agreed to honour the previously agreed cost and thus Lard Workshop this year will still be £25 and the website has been updated! Lunch and the £5 Trader voucher is still included.

I'll do a full post later and mail all past attendees later.

If anyone wishes to put a game on please Email me first before entering don.avis@ntlworld.com .

Don
djbamforduk

Re: LARD Workshop 2024 at BritCon, Nottingham. 10th Aug. 2024

Post by djbamforduk »

Well done, Don! ;)

I'm glad to hear that the BritCon organisers are honorable chaps now keeping a previous agreement: I think that the principle is more important than the sums of money involved.

Before the mob starts trying to stone me to death (again :roll: ), please note that my 'surprise' emoji was in reaction to the fact that tickets are already on sale over six months in advance, rather than in reaction to the previously advertised price increase.

Well, that's something to look forward to on 10th August! :D