Stupid question - Barbarossa

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

imspartacus

Stupid question - Barbarossa

Post by imspartacus »

Hello - first hour on the board so I don't want any trouble!!
Am I right in saying there is no supplement with the stats for Barbarossa? As Gottendammerung is no longer in print or available as a PDF?
Many thanks
Mark
Vis Bellica

Re: Stupid question - Barbarossa

Post by Vis Bellica »

Not at the moment, no...but it's one of the theatre books I'm considering for my next project. Can't decide between a Blitzkrieg in the Far East, Part Two: The Allies; a Blitzkrieg in the East, Parts Two and Three: Germans and Soviets for Barbarossa respectively; of to do the Western Desert.

In the meantime, perhaps you could use the stats in Blitzkrieg in the West, the Germans for the Germans and Blitzkrieg in the East: Poland for the Soviets as a starting point.

Hope that helps

Cheers

R

PS There are no stupid questions, only stupid people who don't ask them!
djbamforduk

Post by djbamforduk »

In the meantime, please could we have the old IABSM 2nd edition theatre handbooks back on sale again as PDFs....?
Then we can just use the IABSM 3rd edition quick update conversion chart for ourselves:

https://toofatlardies.co.uk/using-old-i ... s-with-v3/

After all, it is not as if there are going to be very high production costs for existing PDFs...!

;-)
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

djbamforduk wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:17 pm In the meantime, please could we have the old IABSM 2nd edition theatre handbooks back on sale again as PDFs....?
Then we can just use the IABSM 3rd edition quick update conversion chart for ourselves:

https://toofatlardies.co.uk/using-old-i ... s-with-v3/

After all, it is not as if there are going to be very high production costs for existing PDFs...!

;-)
Trouble is that I suspect the digital files for those handbooks may have been lost sometime ago during various upgrading exercises at TFL or be difficult to recover. Nor I suggest would Rich want to release something that was out of date, but you can always ask.

John
djbamforduk

Post by djbamforduk »

Seek and ye shall find, ask and ye shall receive, knock and the out-of-date PDF 2nd ed. IABSM theatre handbooks shall be opened up to you, despite lower production values of earlier times, which the author should not be so embarrassed about: The content is still very useful and interesting.
;-)