Which UK companies will print TTM&TB/Algernon cards?

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

BaronVonWreckedoften

Which UK companies will print TTM&TB/Algernon cards?

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Hi - Pretty much what it says in the title. I'm looking for any company that will print bespoke sets of cards for TTM&TB and Algernon.

Have tried several lines of enquiry, but no luck so far.....

(And yes, I AM aware of Artscow in the US, but would rather not pay the ridiculous postage!)
No plan survives first contact with the dice.
Captain Reid

Re: Which UK companies will print TTM&TB/Algernon cards?

Post by Captain Reid »

I use makeplayingcards.com to produce the custom decks I've created. You'd probably have to recreate the decks using their (rather clunky) custom card generator, but they're decent value given the high quality of product you get. It is a bit of a faff to get the text to line up tidily though.

I've made decks for 'character trait' cards for Sharp Practice and plot cards' for With Flashing Blades. I'd post some examples if the forum was more photo friendly.
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

The Saindoux Campaign, French & Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, Peninsular War blog.
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Baron,
Sorry I’m not aware of any UK based equivalent of Artscow who actually produce their material in Hong Kong. I agree that their standard postage is expensive, however, if you register on their site they will email links for various offers to you which quite often include deals for free international shipping - that’s the time to buy any cards you want.

John
BaronVonWreckedoften

Actually, I took advantage of Artscows "4th July" special offer (free international postage AND 25% off) to get a really good deal on the double-deck card sets for Bag The Hun and Algernon Pulls It Off - worked out at about £20 per set (over 100 cards each), which for four, one-off, customised card decks travelling half way around the world is damned impressive. Artscow often have pretty decent special offers - they had another in late July that was 35% off - so, as you say, if you keep an eye out for them.....
Last edited by BaronVonWreckedoften on Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaronVonWreckedoften

Captain Reid wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:51 pm I use makeplayingcards.com to produce the custom decks I've created. You'd probably have to recreate the decks using their (rather clunky) custom card generator, but they're decent value given the high quality of product you get. It is a bit of a faff to get the text to line up tidily though.
That's a useful link, Captain, thank you. I've been looking at modifying the Roundwood card sets for TTM&TB to incorporate relatives of both parents in an Irish Guards platoon, and to convert the back image from Laphroiag or Kitchener, to "Don't be vague, ask for.....". Th redoubtable Alex Sotheran (Storm of Steel Wargaming) has produced a massive set covering all eventualities with a firm called Printers Studio. You can find all his TTM&TB cards on the TTM&YB Facebook page - posts dated 20 July (British and German) and two on 21 July (French and then the whole lot).
lilycollins9x

Post by lilycollins9x »

bitlife Some board game publishers offer custom printing services for components, including cards. While they might primarily work with larger quantities, it's worth reaching out to inquire about options.
bekeane

Post by bekeane »

High-quality custom cards can be a valuable addition to tabletop gaming experiences, especially for games like Sharp Practice and With Flashing Blades that benefit from custom character trait and plot cards. wordle
hararet18

Post by hararet18 »

Archdukek wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:57 pm Hi Baron,
Sorry I’m not aware of any UK based equivalent of Artscow who actually produce their material in Hong Kong. I agree that their standard postage is expensive, however, if you register on their site they will email links for various offers to you which quite often include deals for free international shipping - that’s the time to buy any cards you want. Geometry Dash

John
In the UK, there are a few companies that will print TTM&TB/Algernon cards. One option is Make Playing Cards. This company offers a wide range of card printing options, including custom decks. To create a custom deck, you will need to use their custom card generator. This generator can be a bit clunky, but it allows you to create cards with high-quality graphics and text.
amorapotter

Post by amorapotter »

Printed.com provides various printing services, and you can explore their offerings for custom cards.mapquest