Faltering brigades in GdA2

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe, DCRBrown

EQUITES

Faltering brigades in GdA2

Post by EQUITES »

Hello,
What about the faltering brigade test in gda2?
Are there changes?
Michele
DCRBrown

Re: Faltering brigades in GdA2

Post by DCRBrown »

E,

Only minor changes.

However, there is one C-in-C command that can automatically recover a Faltering brigade. But the player can only do this once, so he needs to be sure his C-in-C is acting at the right time and with the right brigade.

DB
nikjen66

Post by nikjen66 »

The one change that is new is that all brigades pass the falter test if they roll 4 or more on their Falter Test dice roll. But, they will count as hesitant for that turn unless, as Dave says, the CinC uses one of his (very limited) Command options to ensure the Brigade passes in which case they can act as normal.

Otherwise the outcome of a failed test varies dependant on the quality of that brigade with Elite troops being much harder to break than Conscripts, as you would expect.
EQUITES

Post by EQUITES »

ok, it sounds good.
Anyway we noted , over the years, a lot of cases where the same brigade passed many Falter tests during a scenario.....
Then in my wargaming club was born the idea that each falter test would determine a negative modifier to the following falter test for the same brigade.(As a kind of progressive wear and tear on the morale of the brigade)
Michele
bellebsc

Post by bellebsc »

What exactly does it mean to " act as normal"? As I remember asking this exact question in version 1 and my god, didn't everyone pile on by telling me that normal means the brigade cannot move as they have just rallied, others like myself thought normal was " they can move and so on".

Is version 2 the same, apart from the CinC aiding a hesitant brigade .... do they become "normal"?

Ricky
nikjen66

Post by nikjen66 »

Hi Ricky,

I’m sure DB will give a better explanation but…..

If a Faltering brigade passes its test (which you can reroll for if you wish and have sufficient ADCs) the Brigade is treated as hesitant for that turn. So in effect the brigade has suffered a shock, rallied itself and is pulling itself together for that turn.

If you use the CinC Command option (these are rare and can only be used for one purpose in each game) the brigade has not only passed the test, but is also treated as active for that turn- so no dice roll required and the brigade is ok to charge/move/shoot etc as any othe brigade that passed its a activation roll.

The CinC Command is a powerful tool, but can only be used for this purpose once in a game, so you need to pick your moment for it.
bellebsc

Post by bellebsc »

Hi Nik

No that's a good enough explanation, which does not differ from the V1 topic I had, except now as you stated the CinC giving one brigade in the game to act as normal

Cheers

Ricky