Back to the Cape Frontier Wars - opinions please!

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

RedRowan

Re: Back to the Cape Frontier Wars - opinions please!

Post by RedRowan »

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear you continued to work on it, will keep my fingers crossed for a release in some form. I actually dropped a message through Facebook over the weekend inquiring about lists they had reportedly been thinking about a few years back.

Such a fascinating period, the recent releases from Iron Duke have really rekindled my interest and I think the rules would work well given the scale of a lot of the engagements.

Steve
Powedermonkey

Post by Powedermonkey »

Hi, any further news on the possible supplement for the SP Cape Frontier Wars?

Would be very interested in this if it were to go ahead.

All the best.

Jon
sjwalker51

Post by sjwalker51 »

Hi Jon

There’s light at the end of the tunnel, after lots of distractions - with everything else that Big Rich is working on, I’ve Gone down the self-publishing route (with his approval) which is a steep learning curve and I’m determined it’ll be as comprehensive as possible.

It’ll cover the Cape Frontier Wars 1834-53, with period-specific rule amendments, unit rosters and force lists for Anglo-Colonials, Boers, Xhosa, Basotho, Zulu & Ndebele, 8 historic scenarios and a bit of eye candy.

it’s at layout stage at the moment, so ‘Spring/Easter 2024’ looks like a distinct possibility. Perfect bound, high quality paper, full colour, to match the quality of TFL publications.

Too soon to confirm prices etc at this stage but watch this space!

Simon