Soviet Paratroopers vs Heer, Jan 1942

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Tomm

Soviet Paratroopers vs Heer, Jan 1942

Post by Tomm »

Not a huge notekeeper, since this was a test game for a PSC, and I'm certainly not a photographer at the best of times, but when I'm GMing even less so, but thanks to John, I had enough notes to put together a basic narrative of the game, started in the post, but continued in each photo caption.

All remote played, so you have to put up with the overhead shots.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.mckinnell. ... uUz56ViJkl
Capt Fortier

Re: Soviet Paratroopers vs Heer, Jan 1942

Post by Capt Fortier »

Great looking table and scenario - quite a nail-biter! Looking forward to next installment
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny
Tomm

Post by Tomm »

Thanks. This is table 5, game 7 of the playtesting (v2) of a Pint Sized campaign. I play in 15mm, and obviously, this is a remote play game.
Tomm

Post by Tomm »

Capt Fortier wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:31 pm Great looking table and scenario - quite a nail-biter! Looking forward to next installment
And now you shall wait no longer

Part 2.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1211483667
Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

Always good to see how the story ends! I do like these winter games, and I think your treatment of the big snow drift particularly clever!
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny
Tomm

Post by Tomm »

Bit of expanded polystyrene, carved with a hot wire, covered with white paste. Offcuts became smaller drifts. Double (under the mat) as variations in ground level to block LOS.