The Game I have Always Wanted Dead or Alive

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

minigamer

The Game I have Always Wanted Dead or Alive

Post by minigamer »

Hi I have been playing with miniatures for years, but as a solo player never found that perfect game. I grew up on westerns so I recently got an itch for a western. so I set about collecting some buildings and terrain. after I got the town done I needed some rules, but I really did not know what I was doing, I found a couple of rules books and what a cowboy too, so I watched a few youtube videos on how to play all of them, I soon was supprised you could play with a couple of figures with all the rules i saw, the initiative was nice, then I saw the mechanics in what a cowboy and realised this is the perfect game, I have a bad back and found I could play what a cowboy on a narrow area sitting, this may seem unimportant to many, but I find its the best experience i have had with minis, you can easily set a game up any way you want. the rules are really fun with the gunfights really feeling like spagetti westerns shootouts, thankyou so much, you have made me a happy man.
minigamer

Re: The Game I have Always Wanted Dead or Alive

Post by minigamer »

one niggle I had, I bought the rulebook hard copy from another place before I knew about here, I bought the PDF version from here because I wanted to be able to read on a PC, but I wanted to be able to print out the desperado deck, but they were not included. if you can only buy hard copy of the cards one day the rules wont have the cards with players, It only matters when TFL no longer exists or sells the game, but Im thinking into retirement I want to play this game, it would be timeless if the cards were included in the PDF, can you add them?
minigamer

Post by minigamer »

oh just found the cards in the downloads, thankyou so much, i want the proper cards first, but as a backup for the future I want digital, so im set thanks
minigamer

Post by minigamer »

I would love to see some game setups scenarios for historic gunfights, I am going to research them myself, but Id buy a set of proper scenarios researched for me