Mobile baggage

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe, DCRBrown

MegaSnegovichok

Mobile baggage

Post by MegaSnegovichok »

Just a few questions about mobile baggage:
1) Which side is its FRONT? The "short" one or a "long" one? The determines how it deploys and how it moves (e.g. in River Arar scenario in Bibracte campaign)
2) Can mobile baggage be PUSHED BACK? I would tend to say "no" (similar to immobile camps), since it is too big and cumbersome to move, but, on the other hand it is classed as "mobile" in the rules...
3) If it CAN be pushed back, what exactly happens if it is pushed off the table?

And, by the way, thanks a million for an absolutely excellent set of rules: definitely the best I have tried over the past 10 years!
MarkBackhouse

Re: Mobile baggage

Post by MarkBackhouse »

I guess the front is the short edge.
Yes I think it can be pushed back as it’s not immobile. It can look a bit odd but I guess that’s a compromise we need to make.
I suppose it would be a disaster card if pushed off the table. Effectively it’s been scattered. I could imagine wagons or camels shedding their loads and it being lost.
MarkBackhouse

Post by MarkBackhouse »

One thing we did use in some of the play tests was reducing the push back roll by 1 on the dice. This makes it less likely to be pushed back 2 squares (would need a 6) and doubles the chance of it not being pushed back (on 1-2 results). If the idea of mobile baggage being pushed back grates this might be a good compromise?
MegaSnegovichok

Post by MegaSnegovichok »

Great! Thanks!
MarkBackhouse

Post by MarkBackhouse »

No probs! Thanks for the kind words about the game. Happy gaming!