3rd party react fire to assaults

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe, DCRBrown

Forst

3rd party react fire to assaults

Post by Forst »

Just doing a post game review and wanted to check we played it right.
A German platoon was suppressed about 6 inch from a British platoon which mounted a bayonet charge.
The target platoon couldn't react fire as suppressed, but a Stug platoon about 6 inches to the left could cover the Brits approach so I paid an order and fired the stugs, suppressed the Brits with an auto close range opportunity fire and they fell back to the start point. Is that allowed, ie using another unit to break up a charge?

Also looking at the React to charge rules it suggests that a 2nd unit within 3 inch can react fire for an extra point, so is that both the target and the adjacent unit able to fire cost 2 points?
DCRBrown

Re: 3rd party react fire to assaults

Post by DCRBrown »

F,

A German platoon was suppressed about 6 inch from a British platoon which mounted a bayonet charge.
The target platoon couldn't react fire as suppressed, but a Stug platoon about 6 inches to the left could cover the Brits approach so I paid an order and fired the stugs, suppressed the Brits with an auto close range opportunity fire and they fell back to the start point. Is that allowed, i.e. using another unit to break up a charge?

Yes. You are not obliged to react fire with a target unit, you can react fire with any unit as long as it is in arc, line of sight, etc.

Also looking at the React to charge rules it suggests that a 2nd unit within 3 inch can react fire for an extra point, so is that both the target and the adjacent unit able to fire cost 2 points?

Yes, if the target unit is being assaulted.

DB