France 1940

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe, DCRBrown

Flipperblack

France 1940

Post by Flipperblack »

Hi everyone.

Enjoying the rules - thks to all that made them happen!

Keen to begin collecting a British and German force for 1940.

There have been some responses on FB regarding ideas but they were waiting for the official all clear to go-ahead?
I know Rich has been taking it easy due to medical issues but wondered what timeframe to get any info on this time period?

Itching to buy some 10mm Pendraken to get going but want to get right stuff!

Thks again

Paul
DCRBrown

Re: France 1940

Post by DCRBrown »

P,

The Fall of France battalion lists are basically done.

However the scenarios to accompany them are not and I'm currently putting those together.

Once they've been playtested I'll hand them over to Richard for final editing and tarting up!

If you are desperate to play 1940, well the British and German battalions are not that different from those in the rule book and the Consolidated AFV and Gun lists have the earlier 1940 tanks and guns along with costings, so hopefully you'll be able to play a few games in the meantime.

DB
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

CoC's Blitzkrieg Handbook should give you all the information required to build all the options - especially bearing in mind most of the German platoons were 4 section strong but the higher the wave number, the less support or modern weapons they had available. O Group doesn't distinguish between LMG types, so 1st Wave with MG34s will get 6 dice per platoon before mods as will a 4 section 3rd Wave platoon with mixed MG34s and MG18s or a 5th Wave with 4 sections with MG30(T)s.
Peter

Post by Peter »

I'm guessing that 5th wave battalions would be less effective overall. And remember that French and British battalions ranged from the very good to the very poor too.
Flipperblack

Post by Flipperblack »

Thanks everyone

I will go with some basic battalions etc.

The consolidated lists will help - thanks David.

Looking forward to the Fall of France lists and scenarios!!

Paul