Deploying onto Combat Patrols

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe, DCRBrown

gbaylis1957

Deploying onto Combat Patrols

Post by gbaylis1957 »

I lmow that you cannot deploy a rrserve unit onto s CP that was deployed in that turn. I would imagine that thid also includes the regroup phase. Alll ok so far.

But what about deploying onto s CP in the regroup phase when that CP was given an order to move in that turn.

Is this allowed as the CP was given an order?

Also, at the first regroup phase can ypu deploy onto the CPs thst were placed in the original deployment phase , ie not in the game turn.?

Confused here

Many thanks G

Forst

Re: Deploying onto Combat Patrols

Post by Forst »

Top of p33, states that you can move a cp and deploy to it in the same turn.

P33 also states that it is not considered a second action as they are separate units, so the unit deploying in the regroup phase has not had an order that turn, even if the cp has! So can deploy then!

I would also lean towards allowing deployment onto the initial cp's as they are already in play at the start of the turn, and could have moved in the phases so are eligible for above clause.

gbaylis1957

Post by gbaylis1957 »

Thanks for this. That is the way i read it. My opponent disagreed somewhat. Any chance that David would comment do you think?

DCRBrown

Post by DCRBrown »

G57,

Yep that's right.

The CP is a different unit to the platoon that deploys on its position, so even if the CP has had an order this turn it can be used for a deployment.

CPs deployed in the Deployment phase can also be used to deploy on, as these are considered to have been deployed in advance of the battle/game actually starting.

DB