Attached heavy weapons casualties

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe, DCRBrown

dakkadakka

Attached heavy weapons casualties

Post by dakkadakka »

I saw in the four part video where a roll was made after a close combat to see whether a casualty was assigned to an infantry section or the attached heavy weapon section. However, I can’t seem to find it in the rules.

Is the roll only made after a close combat; or, do you make the check after a direct and/or indirect fire attack as well? It seems logical that the HW team could fall victim to other attacks, especially if HE is involved.

Regards,

Jim

DCRBrown

Re: Attached heavy weapons casualties

Post by DCRBrown »

J,

Yes, you check every time there is a section loss to see if any attached heavy weapon is lost.

DB

c0cky30

Post by c0cky30 »

When does a 3 section platoon with an attached HMG section start taking tests for routing due to losses? Is it when it loses 2 sections from the platoon not including the HMG section? If so does the HMG section rout as well if the unit fails?

IanKH

Post by IanKH »

We came upon this question in our last game. We decided that we should treat the platoon as if it were a 'square platoon' and tested when they were down to a single regular section & the heavy weapon base.

Forst

Post by Forst »

There is a ruling on attached sections in a query 26th april? Which may help, but it's under review?

My understanding is that currently you test when only one inf section is left and if it fails rout test both go, but if only the attached AT/MMG section survives on its own it goes independent.

DCRBrown

Post by DCRBrown »

Yep, that's the current rule.

DB

c0cky30

Post by c0cky30 »

Cheers