Fanatic ambushing

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

TimR

Fanatic ambushing

Post by TimR »

Hello All,
Was asked this by a player last night, thought I knew the answer but I’m not so sure now I’ve checked.
‘When a mob is deployed can a group of fanatics ambush out on the same turn?’
I said no as I thought it was a group activating twice in a single turn and an enemy within 21’’ of the deployment point would be in range. But when I checked the rules I couldn’t find anything to say it’s illegal. When I checked the faqs there’s mention of how you can’t use it to deliver a flank attack which implies that it might be legal. Thoughts anyone.
Thanks
Tim
Quackstheking

Re: Fanatic ambushing

Post by Quackstheking »

Yes it is Legal. Deployment isn’t movement so yes the fanatics can ambush for one Signa Card. As the FAQ says for this to be a potential flank charge, the DP must be in the Flank Zone of the target. This is to stop a player deploying into the Flank Zone and then ambushing in the same phase.

The Warrior mob (2 or more groups) deploy 9” from the DP and the the Fanatics ambush 12” from them with 6 points of Fervour. Thus in theory they could ambush a further 12” away but of course at the cost of losing all their Fervour!.

Remember to make a Fervour roll for the deploying mob (easily forgotten!).

Hope this helps.

Don
Last edited by Quackstheking on Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
TimR

Post by TimR »

Thanks Don, I take it the fervour roll still costs the usual 2 CI’s
Cheers
Tim
Quackstheking

Post by Quackstheking »

Yes - however I would be surprised if a Mob was deployed not under the control of at least a Status 2 Leader!

Don
TimR

Post by TimR »

Very true. Thanks