HELP RECEIVED - A Big thank you to John Savage

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

JimLeCat

Re: HELP PLEASE - Just tried a game and need help

Post by JimLeCat »

dadlamassu, I've just sent you a PM with contact details for John Savage. If you contact him, he's offering to put a game on for you and your son.
dadlamassu

Re: HELP PLEASE - Just tried a game and need help

Post by dadlamassu »

JimLeCat wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:56 pm dadlamassu, I've just sent you a PM with contact details for John Savage. If you contact him, he's offering to put a game on for you and your son.
Brilliant - email sent, many thanks.
Alan
dadlamassu

HELP RECEIVED - A Big thank you to John Savage

Post by dadlamassu »

My son and I have just sent a splendid two and a half hours on Zoom with John (Savage) playing a demonstration game tailored exactly to our needs. We learned so much from the game and the questions and answers generated during play. Things are much clearer now.

A BIG THANK YOU to John for the kind offer, for giving up so much time setting up and playing and talking the game through, exploring different options for our manoeuvres and decisions together with sage advice on various intricacies.

This is what makes wargaming such a brilliant hobby.
Alan
Quackstheking

Re: HELP RECEIVED - A Big thank you to John Savage

Post by Quackstheking »

Big "Thumbs Up" to John!

Don
John_savage_uk

Re: HELP RECEIVED - A Big thank you to John Savage

Post by John_savage_uk »

Alan, bit late but thank you for your kind words. I thoroughly enjoyed running you guys through the rules (even if I was a bit rusty, but we’ll keep that between ourselves). Infamy is an awesome game with a really unique take on this period of warfare. But like all Lardy rules while not complex there is definitely a learning curve. But this gives the depth that means these (and other Lardy rules) can be played over and over again.

Anyway what I wanted to say I’m always up for running a beginners game like I did for Alan. So an open invitation to any Lardy or prospective Lardy. Feel free to post here or ideally to send me a DM and we can set something up!

Cheers

John