Tasks

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Forst

Tasks

Post by Forst »

The task rules as they stand make no mention of the impact of shock on the rate of completion, or any restraints due to proximity of the enemy.

I assume only one group can do any one task at a time (ie each attacked a seperate section of palisade), and it requires an activation. Can it be combined with other movement as a separate activation ?

I suggest the die roll is reduced by 1 for each pair of shock might be approprite?

I also see no penalty for being attacked whilst engaged in such distractions. (Treat as half strength for first round?)

Just wondered what others thought as they can be key to a scenario?
Ben Dover

Re: Tasks

Post by Ben Dover »

I agree that there should be on group can do a task at a time.

As much as it makes sense that shock would affect tasks as well as as being attacked, at this point I'd rather see the tasks kept simple as there's only so much people can actively remember whilst playing.
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

If I recall correctly Rich has previously confirmed that groups undertaking a Task can’t do anything else. So no combining it with movement and if attacked then the task is disrupted as they defend themselves, so there would be no Task Roll that turn.

John
Contrarius

Post by Contrarius »

Archdukek wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:28 am If I recall correctly Rich has previously confirmed that groups undertaking a Task can’t do anything else. So no combining it with movement and if attacked then the task is disrupted as they defend themselves, so there would be no Task Roll that turn.

John
One slight complication (which I’ve noticed from SP2 but which probably applies to Infamy) is that a unit may get to do its Task Roll before an enemy unit that would potentially disrupt the work has its card drawn. In that case the work doesn’t get disrupted at all, since the disruption presumably doesn’t continue into the following turn.

The Task rules continue to evolve. They were still fairly basic in CoC, improved considerably for SP2, but perhaps still need a little more refining before they are both simple and fully memorable.
Captain Reid

Post by Captain Reid »

Archdukek wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:28 am If I recall correctly Rich has previously confirmed that groups undertaking a Task can’t do anything else. So no combining it with movement and if attacked then the task is disrupted as they defend themselves, so there would be no Task Roll that turn.

John
That's right.

But unless you end locked in combat or initiated a combat, I can't see why you shouldn't use an Activation to perform a task if you fought earlier in the turn.
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

The Saindoux Campaign, French & Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, Peninsular War blog.