Leaders!

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

LancasterMatt

Leaders!

Post by LancasterMatt »

I've been looking and can't find information on how much different leaders cost.
Also whether leaders in the main given lists are foot or cavalry.

Where am I not looking?

Also what size base works?
Do people use single figures or are you going for vignettes and larger bases?

Archdukek

Re: Leaders!

Post by Archdukek »

The cost for buying additional Leaders to add to those in the core force is included in the support lists for each army. The cost of an additional Supra Numerum Leader is 1 point, a named Status I Leader is 3 points and a named Status II Leader is 6 points. Note that there is a printing error on the Roman support lists which omit the option to buy a Status II, but it is allowed.

You cannot buy a Status III as a support option, only one is needed as the Force Commander. Rich has however confirmed that they cost 10 points if creating your own force list.

A Level IV Leader is only achievable through reaching a Triumph under the campaign system.

John

LancasterMatt

Post by LancasterMatt »

Thank John,

Any ideas on the Foot / Mounted issue?

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

I believe the Leaders in the force lists will usually be on foot. Certainly for the Roman Centurion that’s where I’d expect him to be. Barbarian chieftains might be more varied with British in a chariot but dismounting to join his noble warriors. Gallic Chieftains might be with their cavalry but both they and the Germans are probably best on foot leading a Mob.

You can model them how you like, it doesn’t cost any more to make them mounted.

John

DougM

Post by DougM »

As far as I can tell, unless specified, all leaders are on foot. Model them how you like. Even ones in Chariots are essentially on foot but in a transport.
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------

Tomm

Post by Tomm »

Which is fine, until you model a roman cavalry force!

Petahpie

Post by Petahpie »

I'm doing foot leaders on foot and cav leaders on horses. Since leaders join in the fighting, that's what makes sense to me. Rich has said on Facebook that it doesn't much matter, so do what you want.

CTP99

Post by CTP99 »

I asked the question about mounted leaders on the Facebook group. Rich stated that Mounted Leaders could be taken exactly as per a foot leader - no points difference.

Quackstheking

Post by Quackstheking »

But realistically, a foot force with Legionnaires/Auxilia should have a L3 Foot leader; a primarily cavalry force could have a cavalry L3 leader.

There is no points difference.

Don

Waterhorse

Post by Waterhorse »

Why would you want a Cavalry force with a Foot Leader anyway? Little bit of over thinking here guys!