Infamy, Infamy! - Errata and Queries

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

SteveBurt

Re: Infamy, Infamy! - Errata and Queries

Post by SteveBurt »

Quackstheking wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:28 pm Responses:-

1. p.96 - yep, should be 1 to 3 (that what was in the Printers PDF!)
2. p76 and p 80. Roman Status II Leader is available and is 6pts (again was in the printers PDF!)
3. If you have Gallic Noble Cavalry the 1st base of Gallic Stewards is included (free if you like). If you have more than 1 Group of Noble Cavalry (all of who can use the provided Gallic Stewards), then you can buy extra Stewards at 1 pt each and obviously no more Stewards than groups. You only really need to do this if you are contemplating using the Noble Cavalry separately when of course you may need another Leader!.

Don
p96, p76 and p80 are all wrong in my printed copy, too. Roman status II leader should be list 6, I assume, like all the other lists.
Noggin61

Post by Noggin61 »

Same here re pages 76, 80 and 96

Nick
Noggin61

Post by Noggin61 »

Also incorrrect in the printed version too.
Tony S

Post by Tony S »

Some other questions and queries, if you don't mind.

1. In movement, there are references to 2D6 drop the lower or higher dice (sic). However, taken quite literally, if you roll doubles that means you drop neither as there is not a higher die nor a lower die, so move the sum of both? I initially thought just remove one of them, then upon reflection perhaps doubles meant that the boys were especially eager at that moment, or stumbled across a small trail or something?

2. In the troop rosters, the Romans often have "Step out" as 1/2. I presume that is half, so that on just one signa card two groups can step out?

3. If scorpion crews abandon their weapon, can they return to it and re-crew it if they rally from broken?
Chaingun

Post by Chaingun »

Tony S

The answer to your question 2 can be found on page 75 of the pdf and the rulebook, under Step Out.
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Tony S wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:21 pm Some other questions and queries, if you don't mind.

1. In movement, there are references to 2D6 drop the lower or higher dice (sic). However, taken quite literally, if you roll doubles that means you drop neither as there is not a higher die nor a lower die, so move the sum of both? I initially thought just remove one of them, then upon reflection perhaps doubles meant that the boys were especially eager at that moment, or stumbled across a small trail or something?
Ingenious idea, but no. In any case where movement is impaired you will lose a D6. If you roll a double you simply drop one. This approach to movement restrictions is standard across all the TFL rulesets. If what you suggest was the intention in Infamy, Infamy! it would say so.

John
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Tony S wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:21 pm Some other questions and queries, if you don't mind.
3. If scorpion crews abandon their weapon, can they return to it and re-crew it if they rally from broken?
Cant see anything to prevent that but I think you will find in practice that it will prove difficult to remove enough Shock to allow them to move back to their weapon which probably means moving closer to the enemy. You also risk having any Leader attached to them to remove the Shock routing from the table if an Act ends before sufficient Shock is removed.

John
Tony S

Post by Tony S »

Thanks John, for pointing out where to find the information for "step out"...in the definitions of characteristics. My ability to be oblivious to the obvious is legendary!

While I'm not arguing against your point about throwing out the higher or lower die, as I suspect Rich would have been more explicit about the case of throwing doubles if he did mean that, I'm thinking it might be fun to try. The whole point of the TFL rules is that nothing is certain; what can be less certain than discovering that dense forest guarding your flank didn't slow down a mob of Germans who rolled double six!

In my defense of such pedantry of a perhaps inexactly worded phrase, I did cut my teeth on Barker's WRG rules! Old habits die hard I suppose.

Thanks again for your time to answer my questions.
DougM

Post by DougM »

Reading through, I reckon these are the most tightly worded Lardies set yet. Not Barker, but much less scope for wriggle room or debate.
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------
poiter50

Post by poiter50 »

Doug, I would not have said Barker was tightly worded, more inexplicably inexplicable.