Infamy, Infamy! - Errata and Queries

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Archdukek

Re: Infamy, Infamy! - Errata and Queries

Post by Archdukek »

Noggin61 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:24 pm
“Without checking back on the videos, you may have missed Rich selecting the xtra groups using his support points.”

I am not sure that you can have extra legionaries from the support lists. At least I can’t see them, unless they have been missed off like the Level II leader?
You can spend your Support points on units from your Force Roster as well as options in the Support list. See the example on page 30.
There are restrictions though on the number of each Group you can buy. See table on p30.

John

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

If someone would care to summarise the questions being asked here, I'll try to assist. I''m not sure I am following some of the questions about supports and automatically getting whatever? I'm pretty good at "How does this work?" but I can't see the wood from the trees here. A brief summary if issues would allow me to deal with the issues.

Rich

khazarmac

Post by khazarmac »

Archdukek wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:45 pm
Noggin61 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:24 pm
“Without checking back on the videos, you may have missed Rich selecting the xtra groups using his support points.”

I am not sure that you can have extra legionaries from the support lists. At least I can’t see them, unless they have been missed off like the Level II leader?
You can spend your Support points on units from your Force Roster as well as options in the Support list. See the example on page 30.
There are restrictions though on the number of each Group you can buy. See table on p30.

John
But echoing Noggin61, where are the costs for those extra troops? I can't see them either. The example on page 30 gives costs for some legionaries and slingers, but I can't see where all of those individual unit costs are listed.

Malc

Captain Reid

Post by Captain Reid »

Points for units are in the rosters
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

The Saindoux Campaign, French & Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, Peninsular War blog.

khazarmac

Post by khazarmac »

Captain Reid wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:39 pm
Points for units are in the rosters
Staring me in the face! Doh...

Thank you.

Noggin61

Post by Noggin61 »

This may have been asked already
On page 42 deploying troops from an ambush point
Paragraph 2 states “ Romans in skirmish order OR with flexible drill”
Whereas further down the page under 4.1 it states Romans with flexible drill IN skirmish order”
Is there a missing OR before the IN under 4.1?

goingaviking

Post by goingaviking »

Quackstheking wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:28 pm
2. p76 and p 80. Roman Status II Leader is available and is 6 pts (again was in the printers PDF!)
Don,
If this Roman Status II Leader is commanding Roman troops then he has the Optio special rules (page 72). If he is commanding non-Roman troops then he is a normal Status II Leader. Is that correct?
Brian

Captain Reid

Post by Captain Reid »

Noggin61 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:35 pm
This may have been asked already
On page 42 deploying troops from an ambush point
Paragraph 2 states “ Romans in skirmish order OR with flexible drill”
Whereas further down the page under 4.1 it states Romans with flexible drill IN skirmish order”
Is there a missing OR before the IN under 4.1?
They need to deploy in skirmish order. I don't know if their leader could spend CIs to close them up immediately into open order or close order. I'd expect so.
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

The Saindoux Campaign, French & Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, Peninsular War blog.

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

They do indeed need to deploy in Skirmish Order. As said, if a Leader is present they can use their drill to form into Close or Open Order. They can't do this if commanded by a Supra Numerum Leader though.

Rich

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Brian

Correct. Only Drilled troops cna benefit from the Option special rule.

Rich