Tempus Fugit - move into new combat?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Corto Maltese

Tempus Fugit - move into new combat?

Post by Corto Maltese »

I had my first solo play through of Infamy, Infamy on Friday afternoon, using the Republican Roman/Numidian and Gallic basic forces that come out at a very convenient 95 pts each. This was my first game since John Savage's excellent introduction at Virtual Lard 2. There's just one point I wasn't quite certain of, which was when activating units on Signa Cards after Tempus Fugit has been drawn, can a group, mob or formation move into contact and initiate a new combat? As far as I can see the answer is yes, and this is the way I played that game, but I just wanted to know I was doing the right thing.

Captain Reid

Re: Tempus Fugit - move into new combat?

Post by Captain Reid »

The answer is indeed 'yes'
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

The Saindoux Campaign, French & Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, Peninsular War blog.

Corto Maltese

Post by Corto Maltese »

Smashing! Thank you Captain.

redmist1122

Post by redmist1122 »

Agreed! Most of our BIG combats have been when the Tempuss Fugit card was drawn.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Neil Todd

Post by Neil Todd »

Yes and it is the best way to hit those pesky romans as they can't do drill. Hit them in the flank with their shields up and they dissolve like water.

Corto Maltese

Post by Corto Maltese »

Good advice - thanks both. I certainly initiated a lot of combats after Tempus Fugit came out, so I realise this will be important in forthcoming games.