Lard America Reps

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

skip2a

Lard America Reps

Post by skip2a » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Hello all:

I was at Fall In last weekend with my son. We had never tried to sign up for games at a convention before and had issues (we couldn't get in anything that we had an interest in). One of our main goals was to try out TFL rules and see if we liked them.

We watched one game of WaT and the GM was great! He answered questions and told us of a second game that night. We saw him later on in a different room and he had talked to the late game GM and had info for us on it (we actually saw him many times over the weekend and he always stopped to talk with us). We were able to get in the late game had my son loved it. Needless to say we came home with a WaT rulebook and are looking into some of the other rules.

We are starting ACW but didn't get a chance to see a SP game and we have given up on FoW and hopefully can put our hundreds of 15mm WWII models to work again.

I had written both GM's names down but I lost my note pad somewhere in the vendors hall. I did remember to join Lard America on FB but can't remember any of the other sites they told me about.

Great job guys and great representatives of TFL!

Pat

Archdukek

Re: Lard America Reps

Post by Archdukek » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:12 pm

If you are looking for some video guides on how Sharp Practice and Chain of Command plays then I would recommend checking out Travis Hiett's Tabletop CP YouTube channel. Travis is someone who has also discovered TFL's rules recently and he has done an excellent job of capturing his progress in the videos. Not ACW yet but plenty of AWI.

Here's a link to one of his Chain of Command videos: https://youtu.be/ZUbCZuIbABY

John

GunnarL

Post by GunnarL » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:48 am

The GM for What a Tanker was most likely Patrick Berkebile (berkebilep here) if you played in the French vs. German, early war game. The SP2 ACW game was run by Mike Ovsenik, or muggins on here (I believe).

skip2a

Post by skip2a » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:36 am

Thank you for the link: I'll check it out.

Yes one was Patrick (early war French Vs. German) and I can't remember the other fellows name. He did an early WaT game on Friday and I believe a Tiger Vs. 3 Sherman's on Saturday.

Both were great reps of the game!

Pat

e.bowen

Post by e.bowen » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi Pat,

If you send me your email I'll add you to our Lard America mailing list. We've already started planning games for Cold Wars.

I'm glad you and your son had a good experience with the Lard America games and hope to see you at future conventions.

You might want to check out I Ain't Been Shot Mum for WW!! - Patrick B. runs these rules with 15s.

My email is e.bowen66@yahoo.com

Ed B.

skip2a

Post by skip2a » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:16 pm

Thanks Ed.

Email sent from ghostdivision7th.

Thanks again,

Pat

DeRuyter

Post by DeRuyter » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:37 pm

I ran the WaT "Tiger in the Woods" or the "Fury" scenario. I also did a 15mm Philippines scenario on Friday. I am glad you got in to Pat's game on Saturday and enjoyed the game.

Eric

mugginns

Post by mugginns » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Hey man! I ran the ACW game on Friday - I'll post up some pics. I love SP for ACW - I'm actually writing some scenarios for it to make up a campaign.