Acquire rule question

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

jrxl99

Acquire rule question

Post by jrxl99 »

Apologies if this has been covered, didn't see it in my search. We are playing through our first game and have a question on retaining tank acquisition. Tank A and tank B each have line of sight, aim, and acquire at the end of turn one. Next turn, tank B moves behind a shed breaking LOS, but comes out the other side within Tank A's LOS and firing arc. Since at the end of this turn tank B is within LOS and firing arc, does tank A retain the acquire status? Or since tank B's movement broke LOS briefly during the turn, is acquire lost?

Thanks! Really enjoying the game so far, especially since it is easy to play in Tabletop Simulator.
Archdukek

Re: Acquire rule question

Post by Archdukek »

Acquire is lost as soon as line of sight is broken is my understanding, so the tank will need to be reacquired when it emerges.

John
siggian

Post by siggian »

And also aim is lost because the target moved...
jrxl99

Post by jrxl99 »

Thanks for the replies.
Herkybird

Post by Herkybird »

I agree!

We always assume acquisition is lost even if only for a part of a move. One of our chaps did suggest that in such brief loss of acquisition situations, one less acquisition die is needed to re-acquire. Though logical, we stuck to the original rules!

It is a great game isn't it!

PS: in case you don't know, my revised points system, solo rules and Arab Israeli war rules are on our club website https://herkybird.tynesidewargames.co.uk/misc.html
Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Nope no dice stay over to next turn
However if you do manage to aquire and the target doesnt break LOS then that state carries over.

Best thing to do is in this situatjon is to move forward to the nearest obstacle then it doesn't count against you and maybe unbutton or retire out of LzoS and try a different approach.
Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Nope no dice stay over to next turn
However if you do manage to aquire and the target doesnt break LOS then that state carries over.

Best thing to do is in this situatjon is to move forward to the nearest obstacle then it doesn't count against you and maybe unbutton or retire out of LoS and try a different approach.