Cold War Tanking

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Kj7574

Re: Cold War Tanking

Post by Kj7574 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:47 pm

I've calculated stats for modern tanks. Would anybody be interested in playtesting? I'm looking for feedback. I'm not sure my strike and armor numbers are right. It's really hard to find good data on gun penetration and armor thickness.

My thinking was that once composite armor was used, you can't make the armor/strike consistent with WWII WaT. The armor and strike get big very quickly. So I have a table for 1945 to 1975 that are consistent with original WaT, and tables for 1945 to 2019 that have their own scale for armor and strike. I didn't include ATGMs or helicopters because I didn't think it would make the game any more fun. It would be easy to do, though.

I added attributes of 2nd Generation (2Gen), 3rd Generation (3Gen), Composite Armor (Comp), ERA Armor (ERA), and Heavy ERA Armor (HERA).
2Gen gives +1 to hit, +1 ACQUIRE dice, AIM is not lost if moving or target moves, and change any die to AIM.
3Gen gives +1 to hit, +1 ACQUIRE dice, AIM is not lost if moving or target moves, change any to AIM, and change SHOOT to SHOOT THEN MOVE.
Comp gives +2 armor dice versus HEAT rounds.
ERA gives +1 armor dice versus HEAT
HERA: +2 armor dice versus HEAT, -25% to attacker’s strike dice (drop fractions, but not less than 1).

Does all that make sense?

reyndat

Post by reyndat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:34 am

Sounds good. I would be interested in playtesting something like this.

Herkybird

Post by Herkybird » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:24 pm

I, too would be interested. I am happy enough with my AI tanker http://herkybird.tynesidewargames.co.uk/misc.html stats, but baulked at trying to go beyond the Yom Kippur war.

reyndat

Post by reyndat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:25 am

Keith, I tried to reply to your PM, but it wouldn't let me. It gave me a message that I was too new to the forum. My email is reyndat@yahoo.com