Little Wars TV GdA Review

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe, DCRBrown

DCRBrown

Little Wars TV GdA Review

Post by DCRBrown »

Following on from their Battle of Austerlitz extravaganza using GdA rules, Little Wars TV have now produced a review of GdA.

Austerlitz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jocWC-bMry4&t=508s

GdA Review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdUEHMZYnqQ

DB
shann1870

Re: Little Wars TV GdA Review

Post by shann1870 »

A very favourable (and very fair) review of a great set of rules. Well done Dave!!
john de terre neuve

Post by john de terre neuve »

Great review very complimentary. I enjoyed watching both. I am not sure how they missed that there is a forum and a Facebook page where you are quite active.

I found the comments about the difference in American written and British written rulesets interesting. I find really the difference, especially when you compare Sam Mustafa rules/ TFL-Reisswitz rules, in that the Brits use a much more narrative style of writing where as Mustafa rules are much more instructional ( having written several medical text book chapters, I note there is quite a difference) in style. Of course I would not like to generalise to all American and British rules writers!
Last edited by john de terre neuve on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabarr

Post by zabarr »

It's a great point. Personally, I prefer the British style of rules writing. Super clean, super elegant rule writing while brief, lacks character.
Jmilesr

Post by Jmilesr »

well it seems there is a forum for these rules - sorry about that!

Miles
john de terre neuve

Post by john de terre neuve »

Ahh, Miles I was going to write a comment on the Youtube channel but you found it. The FB page is even more active at times. I also was going to say that you were "right on" in respect to rules writing style. I would only say when looking for answers it is important to read more than just a line or two as the style is very contextual.

Great review, by the way, I was curious what you did with all those 28mm Napoleonics I sold you!

John Michael
Jmilesr

Post by Jmilesr »

John - all of my 28mm stuff pretty much just sits on my display shelves - they all look lovely but very rarely make it to the play table 6-15mm is just far easier to get out and play with!

Still your french are wonderful minis and look very nice in the display case
nikjen66

Post by nikjen66 »

Miles, great to have you on the forum. Love LWTV, keep up the good work with all your chums from the club. And obvs you’ll review your scores for support on the GdA LW review?? 😉
Kustenjaeger

Post by Kustenjaeger »

LWTV has been a real boon, both enjoyable and instructive.

The review add ons are particularly helpful, maybe because there are two people involved and they reflect the results of actually playing with them in a club environment.

I’m just getting into GdA, though I’ve had the rules a while, so it was great to see the Austerlitz game and the review. Now I just have these piles of 10mm French (with Bavarian and Hessian allies), Austrian and British figures to paint …

Edward