In which order?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Simmerson

In which order?

Post by Simmerson »

Dont have the rules with me, but was playing a game recently. In essence after loosing combat my leading unit had to retreat behind a unit. In addition my support had to retire.

So do you move the supporting unit first so that the lead unit can go behind it. Or does the leading unit do its move first followed by the support?

Archdukek

Re: In which order?

Post by Archdukek »

Move them at the same time, they have both been thrown back and there should be no benefit derived from the order they move back in in my opinion.

John

EQUITES

Post by EQUITES »

This is a good question.
Until now I have played that the leading unit recovered behind its retiring support units but the John's reflection is correct.
Anyway I didn't find anything on rulebook about this specific situation......
Michele

DCRBrown

Post by DCRBrown »

Yes, both (or all) units retreat/retire simultaneously.

DB

alcibiades

Post by alcibiades »

So, just to be clear, the lead unit may halt its retire/retreat/rout move behind a support unit that was "driven back" as a result of the same charge?

Contrarius

Post by Contrarius »

As I understand it the retreating unit ends facing away from the enemy, while the retiring unit turns to face at the end of retire move. Is that correct?

Simmerson

Post by Simmerson »

I had previously played that the support moved back first allowing the leading unit to move behind the support.

Going forward doing both at the same time makes more sense.

Always good to have one unit from the brigade slightly back then that isn’t supporting a lead unit to allow the lead and supporting unit to fall back on if things go wrong.