Rout after falter

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

bellebsc

Rout after falter

Post by bellebsc » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:37 pm

Hi again.

I looked to see if this has been asked which it was kind of touched on but not enough to stop me to ask a question.

My British Lt dragoons brigade charged a French Lt cav brigade. The brits routed one and the other French cav unit retired as he was behind in support in which it lost a casualty and is now unformed. So far so good

Now the brits rolled for victory and charged a French inf Brg which was on the flank of the french cav before they routed.

French inf unit decided to stay in column and behold rolled 3 to the brits 11 after modifiers the french column routed and interprenatrated a freindly ing column behind them making them unformed.

The brits still had charge movement left and charged the now unformed French inf column in which the brits also caused that inf unit to rout. ( rolled some great dice)

Now a couple of questions.

The French Inf Brg became faltered after the charge onto the 1st column and that routing unit fell behind the retired cav unit who is unformed and the cav Brg is faltering, can the french column attempt to rally there even though the cav Brg is faltering?

2nd question. When the british cav charged the 2nd inf column and as the first inf column caused the brg to falter is it automatically lifted off due to routed units cannot be rallied if the brigade is hesitant or faltering?

R

Archdukek

Re: Rout after falter

Post by Archdukek » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:55 pm

Don't have the rules to check, but if I recall you would remove the routing infantry units if the brigade fails its Falter Test at the start of the next Turn, not immediately.

John

bellebsc

Post by bellebsc » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi John

So if a unit recieved a rout whilst it's brigade is faltering it can still rally next turn?

Also can you answer the first question also 😁😁😁 Thank you.

R

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi R,
Yes is my understanding. A Routing unit will disperse if it’s parent brigade fails to achieve an Obey Orders result in the Falter Test in the following Command Phase. Until then it remains as Routed.

As for the first question see page 8 of the FAQ under Morale for your answer. ;)

John

bellebsc

Post by bellebsc » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:56 am

I'm normally the first at reminding others about the FAQ section..... I forgot this time 😂

Thanks John

R