Artillery priority targets

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

bellebsc

Artillery priority targets

Post by bellebsc » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:03 pm

In the amendments if artillery jave an ADC in command they can fire on whom they see fit. Now does this now allow artillery from two different brigades to target the same enemy unit?

Thanks
R

Polish Lancer

Re: Artillery priority targets

Post by Polish Lancer » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:16 am

I don't see why they can't.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:09 pm

I'd agree with PL, although unless each battery had an ADC attached the target unit would need to be a priority for one of them.

John

bellebsc

Post by bellebsc » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:58 am

I agreed at first hence the question.

Don't you think it's a bit gamey especially if the two separate brigades firing their artillery at the same target could be let's say over a quarter of a mile away from each other and yet they are targeting the same unit as if in Mr Brown's words " having 21st century raido communication " I know this quote was for supporting fire however it's still relivent in where all guns can somehow coordinate their firing on a solo target and there for potentially you could have if successful with ADC command rolls have a number of guns happily chipping away at one unit even though as I said these guns are dispersed throughout the battlefeild.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:31 pm

I don't think it is gamey when it requires the allocation of an ADC to each battery to make it happen. To my mind that represents the Commanding General determining where the artillery are to focus their efforts that turn and issuing orders to the battery commanders to ensure his wishes are carried out. So it would allow a focus on a specific part of the enemy line were the main assault is to be made perhaps or on a key defensive position.

The communication medium in this case is an ADC on a horse.

John

bellebsc

Post by bellebsc » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:39 am

Valid points guys.

Thanks again

R