Various rule queries

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica, DCRBrown

Matt1tibby

Various rule queries

Post by Matt1tibby »

I've searched on the forum and can't find any answers to these questions which have popped up in recent games. So hopefully we're not guilty of over-thinking things... :lol:

1. Artillery assault. Given to a battery that has 3 casualties, so that's fine, but the opposing side has initiative and skirmishers inflict 1 casualty. In its fire phase can the artillery still use artillery assault as it had less than 4 casualties when the ADC posting was made but now has 4 casualties? We have argued both sides of this...

2. FoW cards, can they move through each other or through deployed units without penalty? We assumed yes as the FoW card doesn't represent a solid block of formations.

3. FoW card moves and is spotted, the unit under the card is foot artillery so it is put on table deployed. As per Pg24 point i. But can it fire that turn as its moved? We compromised and said it could fire (even though its foot artillery) but took the move and unlimber penalties.

Thanks, Matt

DCRBrown

Re: Various rule queries

Post by DCRBrown »

M,

1. Artillery assault. Given to a battery that has 3 casualties, so that's fine, but the opposing side has initiative and skirmishers inflict 1 casualty. In its fire phase can the artillery still use artillery assault as it had less than 4 casualties when the ADC posting was made but now has 4 casualties? We have argued both sides of this...

A = Nope! Once at 4 casualties no assault fire is permitted, so unfortunately the assault fire is cancelled.

2. FoW cards, can they move through each other or through deployed units without penalty? We assumed yes as the FoW card doesn't represent a solid block of formations.

A - Yes, I can't really see why not.

3. FoW card moves and is spotted, the unit under the card is foot artillery so it is put on table deployed. As per Pg24 point i. But can it fire that turn as it's moved? We compromised and said it could fire (even though its foot artillery) but took the move and unlimber penalties.

A - Yes, as you state, just apply the necessary modifiers.

DB

Matt1tibby

Re: Various rule queries

Post by Matt1tibby »

Brilliant and thanks for the quick response. We nearly got everything right!

Matt