Page 104 Arty. Point Costs and....

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

General_Pettygree

Page 104 Arty. Point Costs and....

Post by General_Pettygree »

Page 104 Arty. Situation Question:
-------
One 6-8-9 pounder model cannon represents two historical cannons costing 125 pts.
-------
Assumptions
3x model cannons (representing 6 historical pieces) costs 375 pts.

These three model cannons each get to fire when deployed separately from each other at one per brigade

And hopefully when
Combined adjacent to each other as a 3 model battery because 375 pts. were spent fielding them.
-------
Am I missing something?
Respectfully,
Bill P.
Chronicler for The Adventures of General Pettygree

Archdukek

Re: Page 104 Arty. Point Costs and....

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Bill,

Yes you are missing the fact that the 125 points cost Is for a single standard size artillery battery, not a single model gun representing 2 historical guns. See heading at the top of the table.

So an historical 6 or 8 gun battery costs 125 points however you choose to model it be that with 1 model gun or 3/4 models. It also only fires once and cannot be divided into gun sections to give you more firing opportunities.

Of course you could choose to pay 375 points and buy 3 artillery batteries which you could then allocate across your brigades, normally at a rate of 1 battery per brigade if that level of artillery support is historically justified. (See FAQ Rule Amendments section for exceptions.)

Alternatively you could gather the 3 batteries into a single Artillery Brigade (Grand Battery) if historically justified. Not every army did so. In that case each battery would roll to fire separately but only 1 Brigade Command roll is needed each Turn.

Personally I’ve never used the points system. I prefer to pitch 2 reasonably historical divisions against each other for pick up games.

John

General_Pettygree

Re: Page 104 Arty. Point Costs and....

Post by General_Pettygree »

Hi John,
Thank you . Understood.
Appreciated,
Bill P.
Chronicler for The Adventures of General Pettygree