Artillery who get a whipped result in the 'Charge' test

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

bigduke1327

Artillery who get a whipped result in the 'Charge' test

Post by bigduke1327 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:05 pm

Played a cracking game of Picketts Charge on Sunday and we managed to resolve most questions that came up.

The only one we couldn't resolve was what happens to an Artillery Battery that gets a 'whipped' result in the 'Charge' test.

We spotted that a Battery losing in actual 'melee' disperses, but what about if there is no 'melee' but they get a whipped result in the 'charge' test? Is there time for them to limber and withdraw with the guns?

Page 42 'Close to melee' says : 5. If artillery lose a melee they also disperse.

Page 66 'Morale - Definitions' says : h. Artillery Whipped as a result of a melee disperse.

Is this the same thing stated twice or does the one on page 66 apply to Whipped from a Charge test as well?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

DCRBrown

Re: Artillery who get a whipped result in the 'Charge' test

Post by DCRBrown » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:05 am

M,

Technically the artillery carry out a normal whipped result if they lose a charge combat. (Though I would now consider adding Low on Ammo as well.)

Though if you wish to remove whipped artillery from play after losing a charge, I can't see a problem with that.

DB

Michaelt

Post by Michaelt » Sat May 11, 2019 10:47 am

I have used the gunners retreating and the guns left behind. It gives an option for the gunners to return...

Munin

Post by Munin » Sat May 11, 2019 10:40 pm

Or the charging force to carry off their newly-acquired guns...