TWT 15mm?

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

canderson

TWT 15mm?

Post by canderson »

I realize TWT was designed for 28mm figures. Does anyone have any information on recommended changes if playing with 15mm figures? Does one just half ranges etc?

Thanks for your help.

Best, Chris
John Thomas8

Re: TWT 15mm?

Post by John Thomas8 »

Halving the ranges sounds fine. I didn't change anything for my 20mm and didn't feel it affected anything at all adversely.
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Unless you want to play on a smaller table I would use the ranges as they are, I doubt it will make much difference to play. At 1" to 2 yards (1' : 24yds) TW&T is designed for close range conflict where most weapons will be able to fire the full length of any normal table.

John
Nellkyn

Post by Nellkyn »

I'm planing to give TW&T a whirl in 15mm. I was going to play as per the rulebook including ranges.
canderson

Post by canderson »

thanks for the input. The only hesitation I had with using as is was grenade ranges and the blast radius for mortars. If others haven't experienced a problem, then I'll give it a go.
Achtung Minen!

Post by Achtung Minen! »

I play 15mm TW&T (with FOW basing, actually!) and I don't touch the range measurements at all. Instead, I say every inch is equal to 10 feet instead of 2 yards, which brings the ground scale in line with 15mm troops (so 15mm equals a 6 foot tall soldier—just about right!). The ranges are still perfectly reasonable as well, since they were actually a wee bit short in TW&T... SMGs fire 120 yards instead of 72 yards, light mortars have a blast radius of 10 yards instead of 6 yards. Even rifle grenades are still within their historical maximum ranges. Works for me!

I also tweak the time scale so that a round is roughly a half a minute, which doesn't really have any effect on the game but it matches the approximately 150% increase in ground scale.

I found that using FOW basing for fireteams has made my games much more neat and organized... the problem I had with single based figures is that it ends up looking very disorderly, with models all over the table. It ends up being very crowded and hard to tell where one squad ends and another begins. And besides, you don't really need to track the location of each individual soldier—attacking and receiving fire is resolved by team, not individual soldier, and even the blast radius of mortars is agnostic to the individual position of each soldier.