Blind clarification and recon scenario

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Darren

Blind clarification and recon scenario

Post by Darren »

Hi All,

Blinds Clarification.
Section 2.1, talks about "troops" moving under blinds. I'm interpreting this to mean that more than one Platoon can be moved under one blind, is this correct? For example, it is acceptable to move a British infantry platoon and a infantry tank troop under on blind.

Recon Scenario.
I'm planning scenarios based on the actions of the British Inns of Court Regiment from D-Day to the end of the war. I've looked at the West of Pierreville scenario from Benneville or Bust book as my starting point for recon scenarios.

I want to create realistic recon missions for these games. For example, identify enemy strength, find a river crossing point, identify a route of advance, determine if a bridge can be used by heavy armour. Additional unit could added for specific scenarios, eg, combat engineers, heavy armour, artillery.

Has anybody run recon games? How did you run this type of scenario?

Regards
Darren
Vis Bellica

Re: Blind clarification and recon scenario

Post by Vis Bellica »

Hi

It's usually one platoon per Blind, with the number of Blinds dictated either by the scenario or by the size and quality of your force. All Blinds activate when the Blinds card for that force appears.

I don't know of any recon scenarios other than the West of Pierrecourt one in Blenneville or Bust! The trick, as you seem to have spotted, is to give the recon force a recon task and create victory conditions based on that task: only very rarely would they be forced into combat with a main force.

Cheers

R
bredd33

Re: Blind clarification and recon scenario

Post by bredd33 »

Hi

It's usually one platoon per Blind, with the number of Blinds dictated either by the scenario or by the size and quality of your force. All Blinds activate when the Blinds card for that force appears.

I don't know of any recon scenarios other than the West of Pierrecourt one in Blenneville or Bust! The trick, as you seem to have spotted, is to give the recon force a recon task and create victory conditions based on that task: only very rarely would they be forced into combat with a main force.

Cheers

R
never thought it could be that deep
thank you for the clarification
I belive that you need to also check this one for info