Price clarification

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Thebigandyt

Price clarification

Post by Thebigandyt » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi all

I'm interested in starting IABSM but i was wondering about the price are these prices still valid
http://toofatlardies.co.uk/pricing.html ? They seem different than another place on the site

EvilGinger

Re: Price clarification

Post by EvilGinger » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Those look distinctly out of date to me & whilst Richard is the one to confirm that I would go for the prices listed on the site rather than those. I would think the web elf has been a bit tardy with its clearing up old stuff.

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....

JimLeCat

Post by JimLeCat » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:19 pm

The web site lists the correct prices on the item pages and will charge you those prices automatically when you add the items to your basket.

That page is ancient, I'm afraid, and I suspect it is orphaned from the rest of the site. Having said that, I think the current prices are only slightly higher. As has been said many times, Rich is definitely not what you would call a ruthless businessman! ;^D

Thebigandyt

Post by Thebigandyt » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Cheers, do I need to get any of the supplements too or is there guidelines to creating force in the main rule book?

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:00 am

If you use historical OOBs you'll be fine. The rules do set out how to put together your companies, as IABSM only uses infantry men, their leaders and support weapons from the platoons and company HQ.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:35 am

The Main rules contain details of how to build a force for the Normandy campaign & The first of a set of additional expansions cover theatres in more detail. these being the successors to the supliments to the ones on the ancient list you found.

Richard is working to expand these for the whole war but has been busy with CoC DUX & is only one chap, however if you stick to historical OOB's then you will be fine using them & the Panzer Masch & Micro Mark lists are a good place to start looking for this sort of thing as are strangely enough the broader period FoW supliments with the more generic lists in them if you ignore the points.

Dark lord at large....

jafo

Post by jafo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:48 am

I can heartily recommend 'Battle for Liberation' - The late war NW Europe pdf. 3rd ed IABSM IIRC.

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:13 pm

Cor, bloody Hell! That is positively ancient! We went live with the current web site in 2009. That was part of the old site, no idea where that came from. It is certainly not current.

Rich

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:12 am

The internet remembers stuff - Happens not unwomanly at Spirit where we still get e-mails ordering stuff we have not seen in years because some one found it on an okd page of ours some where in the interwebs. Annoying when it does for both customer and staff.

Dark lord at large....