Partial section fire

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Jimbo

Partial section fire

Post by Jimbo »

I have been playing a long while but I have only just come across this situation. Please refer to section 4.1 Target Acquisition . I have a section of 8 men who have three actions and decide to fire with all three actions but only 4 men are eligible to fire. Do you just throw all three dice and half the effect ? So if I throw 12 on a great shot at close range , I treat as if I had thrown 6 so the result is 6P? This is the way I played it in the game but I am interested how other players would do this.

Cheers

Jimbo
Darren

Re: Partial section fire

Post by Darren »

I've played about 10 games so I don't claim to be an expert on the rules and I haven't faced the situation you described.
My approach would be to use the unit action table on Pg18 to reduce the number of actions based on the number of men able to fire.
For example if your section were good regulars, with 4 men able to fire that would give you 1 dice of firing.

What your are thoughts?

Regards
Darren
Archdukek

Re: Partial section fire

Post by Archdukek »

I would follow the same approach as Darren and adjust the number of actions available according to the number of men actually able to fire.

John