Corps Blimey

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Dragoon

Corps Blimey

Post by Dragoon »

In the lard blog I was looking back to 2009 and came across a game at a show being played called corps Blimey.
Does anyone know anything about it? It may have been a development name for a game being planned?
Archdukek

Re: Corps Blimey

Post by Archdukek »

It was a demo for some WW1 rules which Rich was working on at the time. You will find an article about it and some suggested rules in the “Play the Game” WW1 supplement available on the TFL website. It will also be in one of the Specials but I don’t remember which one.

https://toofatlardies.co.uk/product/pla ... ompendium/

John
Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

Thanks ArchDuke
I was hoping it would be a corp level game for IABSM with multi players & PBEM, but given the changes in coms. software it could easily don with a staff player sending orders to a corps player who ...... ad so on until Odets were allocated to the Lt. Col. commanding his battalion who then sent his orders to companies..
It doesn’t take that many players because it can start at any command level with a plan sent to a division who woks out what’s needed but the veal player participation comes down to battalion because it all boils down to which bit of real estate that the battalion is taken to fulfill also where the reserve will be
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

From some of the comments they’ve made on their various Podcasts I think Nick and Rich play that sort of game using a Kreigsspiel approach on a Discord server with multiple players.

If you haven’t spotted them already you might want to watch out for the new “O Group” rules by Dave Brown, of Battlegroup Panzergrenadier fame, due to be published soon by TFL’s Reisswitz Press offshoot. They are set at battalion level so might provide part of what you are looking for.

You will find posts about them with more information here on the Forum.

John